27. running your mouth

song of the chapter:
Blank Space
by: Taylor Swift
•••

"Good morning, good morning!" Zenovia Chehowachuck sang with her tone deaf voice. The class replied with the sing-song good mornings in a much less enthusiastic tone.

    "I am delighted to inform you that since my arrival at Hogwarts, I and another student here at this school have decided that Hogwarts deserves to have a homecoming celebration! Those of you who decide to reside at school during the upcoming winter holidays are welcome to attend the party which will be held over the break," Professor Chehowachuck bounced her bright red hair while smiling widely at the class of Slytherin and Gryffindor students.

    Cass turned to face Karorin who was sitting beside her. Iris was seated across from Cass and was listening to the girl, who was speaking rather loudly, but not loud enough for the entirety of the class to hear.

    "The party is clearly a cover for some catastrophic event that she is planning and I bet you that the other student she mentioned is in on it.

    "Oh, lay off it, Cass, she just wants to host a party."

    "No. The moment you step foot inside it'll let off some..." Stephanie Rosier slammed her hands onto the table which Cass, Iris, and Kari shared, gaining the attention of the three Gryffindors.

    "What will it set off? Huh, Olive? Something evil?" The Slytherin student dragged out the last word, mocking Cathleen's paranoia.

    "Yes. Something evil. So extremely evil that it will make the dead rise." Cathleen retorted, voice dripping with sarcasm.

    "I think you got your head stuck in a fairy tale, we all know nothing can bring the dead back to life, Olive."

    "The Resurrection Stone." Cass pointed out rather plainly.

    "Like I said, stuck in a fictional tale. The Deathly Hallows don't exist, everyone knows that. The only person who would think that they are a real thing is that wakko who writes the Quabbler or whatever." Stephanie took her hands off the table to instead cross them over her chest.

    Kari brought her head closer to Cass's and whispered, "She does have a point, the Deathly Hallows are just a part of some children's tale," Karolin, who was born into a wizarding family grew up reading the tales of Beedle and Bard, she thought she knew that the stories were all fictional.

    "It's the Quibbler," Cass ignored Kari's bland statement, knowing very well that the Deathly Hallows weren't made up, "Go sit down, Rosier."

    "Why don't YOU sit down," Stephanie jabbed back, a scowl on her face.

    "I am sitting down," Cass stood up and pointed at her chair in an attempt to show to Rosier that she had, in fact, been sitting down.

    "Well, now you arent!"

    "I told you to sit down first."

    "I told you second." Cass and Stephanie kept yelling, practically at each other's throats, their mutual dislike becoming mutually disliked by their classmates.

    "Real mature guys, real mature." Iris was exhausted and did not have the energy to tell Cass to shut the fuck up, so she sat there, waiting for the teacher to tell the girls off.