20. zenovia chehowachuck

song of the chapter:
Look What You Made Me Do
by: Taylor Swift
•••

The next few days passed by rather quickly.  Cass read more on time travel and tried to search for the spell, Itinerantur Timeng to see if she could figure out the missing information from the page.  Unfortunately, Cass had been subjected to a hospital bed and the three books she checked out from the library held no information of the sort. 

Friday evening Cass was let out of the hospital wing and free to eat supper in the Great Hall as well as sleep in her dorm room up in the Gryffindor tower. Iris was worried about Cass's health, but Cass managed to convince the two girls that she felt perfectly fine and they decided to spend time together in Hogsmeade on Saturday.

During their time at the small wizarding town, the trio had butterbeer at the Three Broomsticks. They had a few good laughs and Karolin and Cathleen extended their friendship and found things they had in common. The three of them ended up walking down the shops, looking at various products through the windows and enjoying the crisp September weather.   On their way past Dervish and Banges Karolin saw the Gryffindor Keeper, Oliver Wood, whom she had befriended the previous year, leaving Cass and Iris alone. Fred and George eventually met up with Cass and Iris and Cass showed them Hogshead, which the other three Hogwarts students didn't even realize was open anymore.  The quartet ended up spending the rest of their time at the Hogshead sharing stories, laughing, and drinking more butterbeer than they thought was possible.  When they headed back to the castle, Cass made sure to stay behind one second longer to make sure to thank Aberforth. The man was overjoyed-though he did not show it terribly well- that a group of students had hung out at his diner for the day.  

The day after their trip to Hogsmeade, with the help of Iris, Cass made up the work she had missed in class during that Friday.  It was a fairly simple assignment, mainly just a recap of what the students had been taught the previous year.  Cathleen had studied a lot over the summer to make sure that she was up to speed on the Hogwarts curriculum, using Tonks's old school books. The assignment was a breeze for her and she only needed Iris's assistance on some of the vocabulary that she did not recognize. 

Monday was her first day of taking the Arithmancy class as well as Charms with her second throw at Potions. Professor Snape was still just as prejudiced against Gryffindor as always.  Cathleen had optimistic opinions on Flitwick, enjoying how the professor taught his class and the material from the class in general. 

Currently, the date was September seventh, nineteen-ninety on a cloudy Wednesday morning.  Karolin, Cass, and Iris had woken up early that morning and decided to spend time in the courtyard breathing in the dewy nature scents.  Iris was seated on a flat rock quietly enjoying the peaceful morning with "A Wrinkle In Time '' opened in her lap as she read the fantasy novel with interest.  Cathleen had brought out a deck of muggle playing cards and was teaching Karolin Egyptian Ratscrew and the girl was slowly getting the hang of the game, though she still accidentally slapped the deck on wrong turns.  The morning held a harmonious atmosphere without strife. There were no loud noises or shrill screams, just the sound of birds chirping at each other from the tall trees.  Cass was able to not think of what she knew was to come of the future and live peacefully in the moment with her two roommates, relaxing before the rest of the castle woke.

"Hah! You didn't even flinch!" Cass lifted her hand that she slapped over the face card of the King and placed the deck underneath her hand. 

"But that wasn't anything" Karolin pouted,  thinking that Cass had cheated, not realizing the rule. 

"Yeah, There was a Queen underneath the King.  You slap on that.  It's the marriage rule."