15. to feast upon knowledge

song of the chapter:
Tonight
by: Phoenix
•••

"GRYFFINDOR!!" Students from the table of gold and red all stood up to cheer. The twins stood up and screamed Cass's name out of excitement and proudness.

Cathleen stood from the short stool and bowed to the cheering and non-cheering crowd. For the Slytherin students all held expressions of dismissal or disapproval. The Hufflepuff students had mixed reactions, some acted like the Gryffindors who cheered with all their might, while others acted like the Slytherin students and just held looks of judgment. The Ravenclaws clapped a bit, but made no effort to be heard over the other houses. They were a fair sport when it came to the sorting ceremonies and clapped a bit and then went back to reading, doodling, or talking with a companion before the next person was sorted.

"Thank you one and all for inviting me to your kind school. I will enjoy my time here and you will all as well." Cass's theatrics gained a few bursts of laughter from students as well as headmaster Dumbledore. McGonagall nudged Dumbledore to get Cass off the platform, albeit reluctantly for she also secretly enjoyed the girl's confidence.

"Welcome to a new year here at Hogwarts! Before we begin our banquet, I would like to say a few words. And here they are: Nitwit! Blubber! Oddment! Tweak! Thank you!" As soon as the powerful wizard finished his speech, every student and professor in the castle began to dig into their meal.

Cass jogged down the paths between the house tables and made her way to Iris and Karolin. "Hey girl, I knew you would be a lion, just like us!" Karolin said with excitement while scooting over a bit so that Cass could fit on the bench.

"Yeah, I'm excited. Charlie said I should try out for the Quidditch team this year."

"You've talked to Charlie Weasley- the quidditch captain and like the best Seeker ever?!" Karolin asked in amazement. It was quite funny for Iris and Cass to experience the excitement that their roommate talked about someone in the Weasley family when she was of pure-blood heritage and her family commonly held meals with popular wizarding families.
"Yeah, my sister is his girlfriend and our families hang out a lot of the time." This information was for Karolin because Cass and Iris had already talked about this subject on a few occasions prior. "I hope to be a Chaser as good as James Potter." Cathleen knew that the deceased Potter father had played Quidditch in his youth and had even gained a trophy due to his excellence.

"That's a lot to live up to, but I believe in you Cass. Tryouts are next week Thursday. Madam Hooch said the main classes needed to hit off before people started getting distracted by sports," Charlie called to Cass from across the table a bit away. He had been listening in on Cass's conversation and would be happy to help her accomplish her aspirations before he went off to Romania.

"Thanks," Cass called back while her new brunette friend was having a minor crisis.

"Oh my gosh, it's Charlie Weasley! Charlie Weasley just talked to Cass. Cass is my new roommate. The most handsome guy just talked to my roommate. My roommate is sitting next to me. The most handsome guy in all of Hogwarts just saw me. Me! Oh my gosh, he is so hot! Oh my gosh Charlie." Fortunately Karolin was talking quietly enough where only Cass and Iris could hear her speak about her admiration of Charlie Weasley.

"Shh, quiet down. He'll hear you. Plus, he has a girlfriend." Cass was amused with her new friend's behavior while also having second-hand embarrassment for anyone who accidentally overheard her ramblings.

"I love the Quidditch guys." Karolin sighed in her dream land.

"I'm going to try out for Beater this year, does that mean you'll love me?" Fred asked Karloin flirtatiously. He took a seat beside Cass while George was on his tail.