7. fears come to life

song of the chapter:
Little Talks
by: Of Monsters And Men
•••

The sun rose. An alarm that awakened the unfortunate.  However, this morning brought a burst of excitement for Cathleen Olive as she would be experiencing the chance to explore the grounds of London with a true family of witches and wizards. 

Cass decided to surprise the family who fortunately allowed her to stay with them with a pleasant breakfast for when they woke. Cass quietly trudged down the hallway and into the kitchen, making as little noise as possible, which did not come difficult for her.

"SILENT RUNNING!  I DON'T WANT TO HEAR YOUR FEET TOUCH THE GROUND!! FASTER, FASTER, KEEP UP CHARLESTON!! I'M BRINGING OUT THE BO STAFF IF YOU KEEP STOPPING GABBY!! ... GET BACK UP AND RUN, YOU'RE A TERRIBLE ACTRESS GABRIELLA!! I WILL GO TALK TO YOUR MOTHER!! YOU ARE NOT SICK, PULL YOUR SHIT TOGETHER OR WE WILL SPEND THE REST OF CLASS PRACTICING SELF-DEFENSE ON YOU! EVERYBODY, KICK GABBY'S BUTT" And that's when Gabby would start sprinting.

Her master was truly a brilliant man, and when it came to drills he never gave his students a break.  They would all become excellent competitors and do something worthwhile with the extensive training they had partaken in.  In moments of exhausting workouts, Cass always regretted coming to class that day, but during cases like these, she was thrilled to have prior knowledge of a black belt. In about a year and a half, Cass would be of age in order to test for her third-degree belt which excited her immensely. 

Cathleen made it do the dimly lit kitchen as quiet as a mouse, not waking any of the other members of the household. She decided that it would be easier to keep her silence if she used magic for most of the cooking, preventing her from banging the metal pots and pans when she needed the cast iron skillet.

Twenty minutes later Cass was carefully taking the sizzling bacon out of the oven and placing it on the stovetop.  She decided to discard the magic near the end, feeling more comfortable preparing food the good ol' muggle way.  Cass had stacks of pancakes set on a large plate, a bowl filled to the brim with scrambled eggs seasoned with basil and pepper, and hashbrowns piled next to the pancakes, ready to be digested.  Cathleen used the tongs she found next to some measuring utensils to carefully place the bacon on a large paper towel that was also placed on a plate. 

Cathleen heard footsteps trotting down the stairs and quickly used the wand she had previously been using to send all the dirty dishes to the sink and start to clean them.  "Good morning Mr. Tonks." 

"Cathleen, please call me Ted, you live with us now it only feels right."  The girl being addressed smiled at former Ravenclaw student.

"Then you can call me Cass.  I made breakfast.  I don't know if you'd like everything on it though because this is quite a common breakfast to eat in America."

"Oh, this is brilliant Cass, you didn't need to make all this food for us!" Ted looked overjoyed, which gave Cathleen a sense of excitement to see that what she did brightened someone's morning already.

"Well, like you said.  I live here now.  It took a bit to get used to the kitchen, but I think I understand the layout now.  Are you okay that I did all this? I don't know if I should have asked or something, but I wanted to surprise you all because your family has been so nice to me already."   Cass realized that she had started rambling and came to an abrupt stop which caused the father to chuckle.