Chapter 14

XANDROS

I came home at night, driving pass the lonely roads, passing through the houses in our street when the sound of the gravel crunching under the tyres of my car brought me back to reality. A reality I had tried so hard to fucking escape but couldn't since the universe had a rule to prove, the title of that rule being: reality.

Parking into the driveway, I sighed and turned off the car, grabbed my bag and shut the door, locking the car behind. Swinging the bag over my shoulder, I trudged slowly up the stairs and unlocked the door before stepping in and shutting it behind.

This was it.

This was my life now. Coming home to absolute darkness, to literally no one waiting for me in the house, depression clawing on my skin again, hitting me with wave after wave of engraved, never ending pain. I stood at the foyer, gazing at the dark room in front of me, wondering how it would have been so nice to have atleast any one member of the three that I had had.

Dad, mom, Tobs........... anyone would do. Literally anyone at this point. It was so lonely in here, so traumatic, painful and nothing but devastating. I wanted to leave this big house and move to a small apartment to manage the bills and all...... but I never had the heart to do so. My family lived here, we grew up here, Toby and I lived our lives here. Fighting, playing, decorating, giggling, crying, laughing, dancing and what not. It happened all here.

And I didn't want to lose any scent that gave birth to a memory which took place here.

I slowly walked towards the living room when I leaned against the door and looked at the now clean room, empty sofas, switched off TV and....... the room cold. Warm with their smells but still cold enough to remind me of the reality. The past played like a movie in my mind. Mum dressed up as a princess with having her hair dyed red because of valentine's. I remember Toby disapproving it and asking mum to dye it back to black the next day. Dad dressed up in a white dress shirt and red suit, pants and coat. Toby wearing red shorts and a red shirt while I......... I sat in my pyjamas. I was never a Valentine's day kind of boy but still rooted for the day because of our family's cute dances.

I remember each and every scenario like a fucking clip from a movie, the snippets playing back and forth in my mind like a string of acts.

Mum looked ever so gorgeous when she waltzed into the room wearing a red gown, perfect normal makeup done, light jewellery and hair dyed red. Dad and Tobias pretended they were fainting looking at her when mum looked at me, a scowl on her face as I was just sitting on the sofa in my black jeans and t-shirt, not at all fainting over looking at her. Instead, a laugh bubbled through my lips when I nodded and clapped my hands, "You look fabulous, Mrs. Davidson. You better dump your husband as you deserve better."

Dad got out of his trance of a drama when he whipped his head in my direction, "OI! Behave."

I raised my hands as if in surrender, "Sorry boss."

Tobias held his finger up, wanting everyone to pause when he ran towards his room. No one moved an inch wondering what the little devil had in mind. After a few seconds, we heard running footsteps when mum shouted, "Tobs, don't run sweetheart! You'll fall." He skidded into the room when I chuckled. His hair was all over the place, he wore a suit coat on when he came and stood in front of mum, looking like a cute dashing baby boy when he held out his hand, "Can I have the first dance with you, mi lady?"

I, along with mum, chuckled when she nodded and laid her hand in the small of his. Dad looked pretty offended when he groaned, "Her first dance is supposed to be with meeeee."

Toby got towards the centre of the room, "You can dance with biggie."

Dad looked at me when I scoffed, "I'll throw myself in the gutters before I even think to be your side chick for a while."