Chapter 50

AVA

I was lying and cuddled up between the blankets in my bed when I heard the door open and close softly. A smile formed on my lips hearing the footsteps of my husband when Xandros came and sat next to me. Lifting the covers from my face, he spoke softly, "Get up, princess."

I didn't respond and pretended that I wanted to sleep when he sighed, removed some strands of hair from my face and kissed my forehead, "I made cookies for you. Get up and have them. I don't like you sulking around."

Helping me sit up, he sat in front of me, loosened his belt and picked up a cookie, feeding it to me when I just chuckled as the scene unfolded. A dazed smile appeared on his face when he whispered, "I love it when you laugh. Helps me keep going."

*

We were walking hand-in-hand by the beach side when I asked, "Imagine you are given a thousand lifetimes-"

"Oh dear God."

I laughed and wrapped both of my arms around his one and snuggled into his side when he kissed the top of my head, "I never wish that God ever gives me a thousand lives, but hypothetically speaking, for your question, yes?"

"Okay yes, you are given a thousand lifetimes, and you select me to be your wife in nine hundred and ninety-nine-"

"Oooof, what a pain in the ass."

I laughed and swatted his arm, "I know. So, now you have a last choice to select some other woman that you can marry, who will she be?"

"Hmmm." He wrapped his arm around me and pulled me closer to his chest when he brought his head down a bit and whispered, "If God gave me a gazillion opportunities to marry, I would always roam through this fucking world till the door I knock opens to where you live."

I hit his arm, "Xandrossss."

"Whattt?"

"You have to select some other."

"No, I'm sorry, I select you."

"No, someone else."

"You."

"Those aren't the rules."

"Ava Grace."

"Xandros-"

"Ava Gracelynn."

"Davidson Elias-"

"Owen's sister." and I giggled when he laughed and lifted me up, twirling me into the air before pulling me back towards him and hugging me close. We had our arms wrapped around each other's when he placed his forehead over mine, his nose touching mine as he whispered, "Nature knows that we are meant to be, Ava. I love you and I want to be yours forever."

I smiled and whispered, "Forever." before our lips met each others, the softness pulling the both of us closer, wrapping us in an intricate puzzle of love when he broke it, "Fine. If it has to be that way, it would be my ex."

Even though I practically asked for it, something died within me when I asked, "Was she beautiful?"

"Promise this wouldn't change anything between us?"

"I promise it wouldn't."

"Then yes, she was utterly beautiful. Extremely."

"Why did you guys breakup then?"

He sighed, "Because I decided to propose to her."

I momentarily stopped dead in my tracks but quickly recovered, "And she turned you down...why?"