Chapter 40

XANDROS

"All jokes aside, you are the love of my life, Ava. I love you since the moment I laid eyes upon you. For years, I had wondered if there was anything such as love at first sight, and had spent years wondering if I was ever lucky enough to experience that, but I never knew that after losing my father, mother and brother, God decided to go easy on me and made me meet the love of my life.

I wanted to avoid you, baby, I wanted to stay away from you, only to prevent your heart from being broken. I knew I was a mess and I believed that you deserved someone better than me, someone who had his life sorted out, who was in a job, earning well, could easily take care of you and not me, a broken mess."

I sighed, "But you stayed. You stayed with me, you helped me go through every phase of my life, you held my hand and never left me behind and Ava," I brought her hand up and kissed it, "Thank you for that, my love. Thank you for always trusting in me, believing in me, being by my side and loving me. Your love is the one that I crave the most.

Thank you for making me meet Owen and giving me another Tobias back. Thank you for everything that you have ever done for me, my love." I pulled her closer to me, laid my forehead over hers and whispered, "I'd die for you any second, Ava. My heart-" I wrapped my hand around hers and placed it over my heart, "beats for you. My eyes-" I palmed her cheek, "looks only at you. My nose-" I buried my face in her neck and kissed her, "only recognizes and loves your scents."

Backing away, I held the both of her hands in the both of mine and placed it over my heart, "If I could give you a name, it would be obsession, love, warmth, peace, and what not. If I could take a canvas and draw out my love for you, no canvas would be enough. If I could go out and shout at the top of my lungs proclaiming my love for you.......it wouldn't ever be enough even for a deaf ear."

I lowered onto one knee and kept holding her hands, "I love you, Ava Grace. You are beautiful, you are graceful, you are exquisite and everything that a royal queen possesses. I want to be your husband, to be the father of your kids, to be there for you through thick and then. I love you, Ava, and till death do us part."

She was crying and so were many others when Owen rushed behind me and whispered in my ear, "They neeeed a laughhhhh. Women are crying."

"I-"

"Women. Crying. Hello?"

"I-"

"AG fell in the gutters, you know?"

I immediately looked at her, "Did you actually fall in the gutters?" Laughter wafted around when

Ava chuckled and smacked my arm when much to my utmost love that we both shared? She fucking nodded when I burst out laughing.

She fell in the gutters! Mannnn.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Phew! That was one long ass chapter, huh.

Anyways, hope you enjoyed this INSANELY long chapter. Catch you next week.

Peace.

A.ZChaudhry

My insta: anachaudhry123

Insta: authora.zchaudhry