Chapter 29

XANDROS

I pulled Owen along with me when he kept on blabbering and blabbering as he was in the mood to talk.

"So, I told her that no, I am not in love with you but she was with me because, obviously, who wouldn't be. Anyways, AG decided to set us up when I knew it was a joke and she knew too, but she didn't know that I knew that she knew that I already knew that she had an idea that it was a joke, so I decided to go along with it but I didn't like where it was going because I didn't want it to go there-" he kept on speaking when all I understood was a French trying to speak Chinese with a German and ending up hurling incoherent words and later apologizing, thinking that maybe all he had done was hurl insults.

I kept looking through stuff when Owen didn't seem to notice that I was barely paying attention as he kept on speaking, "So AG invites her to our house, like excuse me?" The little man scoffed which caught my attention a bit and I realized that he wasn't unwell, he was telling a story. Holding his hand incase he got lost, I kept walking through store after store as he told me some story about a girl who was his neighbour and apparently, loved him but he didn't but Ava wanted to set the two up and bla bla bla.

"I never wanted her to come to my house because it would have given a wrong impression, but AG was all set for it. She even made a heart shaped cake and set it between us when she went away, leaving the both of us alone." I stopped in my tracks as that caught my attention. I looked over at him and smirked, "Really? She did that?"

He nodded when I shook my head, "Damn. What happened then?"

"What could have happened? I told her that I don't like her."

"Literally in front of a heart shaped cake? On Valentine's? How obnoxious could you get?"

He pointed at me, "All set by my sister. Without my consent."

"Agreed, Captain. What happened then?"

"She cried, she whined, I patted her head and then she went home."

That's it? So damn simple?

I looked at him, "This easy?"

"Oh yes, I ate the cake later and shared some of it with mum. She woke up the next day, came to me, hugged me and whispered in my ear that she is pretending that she didn't hear what I said last night and again told me that she loved me."

I accidentally laughed out loud, catching attention of almost everyone when I apologized, "Sorry sorry. My bad."

We entered another shop when finally, things started to catch my attention. There were pretty gowns, boots, skirts, dresses and....a side dedicated to lingerie. I looked sideways to see Owen looking outside the store, staring at something when I bent low and asked, "Buddy, what are you looking at?"

He pointed to a man, "Is he wearing shorts or legit underwear?"

I followed his gaze and found the man he was staring at when both of us started staring because....same. What the fuck were those? We both stared at him, then tilted our heads towards the right together and nodded, "Underwear." I muttered under my breath, "Fucker's wearing his grandpa's underwear."

I pointed towards the shoe section when I asked Owen, "Go and select a good pair of leather boots for your sister, I'll get her a beautiful dress."

"A dress with boots?"

"A baby with opinions?"

He made that same angry face with an angry pout when he pointed at me, "Man. I am man."

I chuckled, "A very cute man you are. Now go, hop along."

He nodded and ran there when I went through some dresses. A salesgirl approached towards me and greeted me when I responded, "Um hi. So, it's my girlfriend's birthday and I wanted to gift her a dress that she'll love more than food. A dark colour preferably, an intricate neck design which should be a little deep but not too deep, the length can be as long as it can be, that doesn't matter. That makes her stand out and basically....makes her look like a queen. Fucking precious."