Chapter 43

AVA

Xandros and I were married for four years and to be really honest? These were the best years of my life. I had my husband right next to me, he loved me unconditionally and always stayed by my side. Owen was growing at a very fast pace and it hurt my heart to see him grow so old. What actually hurt was seeing him lose that jolly character of his and replacing it with a serious one. I remember beating him to bring back his humour because this house felt dead without it.

Xandros and I went to Maldives for our honeymoon and it was honestly the best time of my life. It was romantic, beautiful, loving and filled with so much care that it was the perfect blend of perfection and happiness. The only thing which really bummed me out the most was pregnancy. We were trying since seven years now, started from the first year in college. Three years in university and four years after marriage. Seven whole fucking years and we couldn't have a baby.

I had three failed pregnancies, taking shape of three miscarriages and one of them were quadruplets. Xandros had fainted when the doctor told him that there were four little babies in my belly and where I thought Owen might help him up, the next to fall unconscious on the floor was Owen. But that pregnancy too, automatically failed when I lost three babies inside me, and the fourth one was too much in danger that we had to terminate the pregnancy.

I had cried nights while Xandros comforted me but it really was a serious turn off for me. I had always wanted to be a mother, had always wanted to have a baby but still, there was no luck. There was a time for whenever I used to get sick, I used to get that tinkle of hope that maybe, maybeeee I was pregnant this time and I might have a baby. But either there was no luck and even if it was? The pregnancy used to fail.

I was standing in front of the mirror only in my undergarments, staring at my stomach when I subconsciously rubbed it. I had six babies inside of me and I lost all of them. Not even a single one made it out. I was lost in my thoughts when I didn't hear Xandors entering the changing room. He spoke, his extremelyyyy dark voice doing wonders to the electrical catchers in my heart, "My wife looks a bit too sexy for my liking."

I chuckled and made my way to him, "Heyyy."

Wrapping my arms around him, he chuckled and hugged me back when he kissed my forehead and looked deep into my eyes, greeting me the same way that he loved greeting me, placing his forehead over mine, "Hey you. How are you?"

"Fine."

"How are you, really?"

I nuzzled my head in his neck and nodded when he smacked my bare ass, "Good, my ass. Why do you keep torturing yourself, baby?"

I moved back to look at him, "I don-"

"You do. You always do this. Ava, baby," he cupped my face, "whenever it is the right time, we'll have a baby, don't worry about it. I am in no hurry or rush to have a baby right now. We can wait, sweetheart."

"But......"

"But?"

Tears pooled in my eyes, "Many men want babies and when a woman can't deliver them, they-"

"You never faced this issue, my love. You did get pregnant and-"

"Which failed. Every. Single. One. Of. Them."

"Ava, darling, my sweet love, listen to me. Even if you never would have gotten pregnant, no way in hell would I have left you. I didn't marry you to have kids, I married you for you, for-"

"You're pregnant?" Our heads turned to see Owen at the door. Xandros and I looked at each other confused and then back at him when I answered, "No. Why?"