Chapter 24

XANDROS

Ava's mother was out for some last minute Christmas shopping while I was at her house. Owen was completing his game while I was in their living room decorating their Christmas tree with them as Ava refused to talk to me. I placed another ornament over the tree when I looked at her, "Why aren't you talking to me? You know conversation is key, right?"

"Well Davidson, let me remind you, not every little detail needs to be in a conversation to make it into a healthy conversation."

"I agree, but the world is too fast now, he would know anytime by now how babies are made."

She flailed her arms and sighed her exhausted sigh, "Well, let him learn his own way. It is better if he learns things along the way."

"Didn't that just happen? It so happened to be me. That's all about it."

She sighed and looked at me when I chuckled and pulled her in close for a hug, "Fine, I'm sorry."

She ran her hand through my hair, "He is too young to know about sex right now. I know he is a curious child and will end up researching about this stuff and I don't want that."

I smiled, "Shut off the internet."

"That isn't the solution right now. That is literally suffocating and making him more rebellious as he would start finding ways to actually do it."

"Fine, I'm sorry. Wouldn't do it again."

She nodded when I bumped my nose with her, "Triplets, heh?"

She chuckled and swatted my arm when she turned around to walk away not before I strengthened my grip to not allow her to. She looked at me when she became serious after seeing me serious, "You're not serious, are you?"

"Oh I'm hell serious about the baby part, not sure about the triplets part."

She gawked at me, "Baby? We haven't even completed a year of us being together and you are already thinking of having a baby."

I opened my mouth and shut it, then tried opening again, my chest tightening in a very weird way, my brain fuzzing around in a hugely complicated way and my inner feelings fighting with each other over whose more right and whose more genuine when I waved my hand and got up, "Nevermind."

I was about to walk away when she grabbed my arm and made me sit back, "No, tell me."

"It's nothing, sweetheart. Don't bother yourself with it."

"No, I want to know what's in your mind, what are you thinking. Tell me."

I again opened my mouth and shut it again when I looked at her. And when I say looked at her? I mean I properly looked at her. Beautiful silky hair, fair skin, large eyes, a small, cute nose with puffy red lips. A beautiful hourglass of a body with the prettiest hands and everything about her was so mighty perfect that it almost made me feel as if she was doing some kind of injustice with herself to be with a man like me.

She could be with such a better man than me, more stable, more friendly and more established with such a great body of hers to flaunt off to, a beautiful character and a magnificent aura around her. Where she could be going to Louis Vuition or Chanel or Dior with a successful business man and get her normal clothing from high as fuck brands to go to important meetings completely lathered with jewels and the most expensive ones, where she could live in a palace type house with a multibillionaire and never face any financial issue ever after supporting her mother and Owen........... she was here with me.

I had nothing. No family, no extra money, no stable mental state, no extra clothes or food or money to buy her a diamond ring every month to show my love to her.......... I had nothing.