Chapter 37 part ii

AVA

Everything was set in order and I was standing behind the closed gates with Owen standing next to me. Since his height was a bit small and he couldn't loop his arms through mine, we decided to hold hands. It would still look cute. A little Owie trotting along, going to give away his sister to the love of her life.

The trumpets rang, the piano started and I was growing hell nervous when Owen squeezed my hand, "You are strong, AG. Hell strong."

"Owen........"

"Hmm?"

"I'm scared, baby."

He turned to me and moved his finger left and right, "No need to be. Okie, this may sound weird for us to talk, but............"

"But?"

He ushered me to bend low till his ear level when I did. He cupped my ear and whispered, "Don't need to worry AG. It only hurts a bit."

"I knowwww Owen, but what if something goes wrong? What if........." I widened my eyes, "what if I do something wrong?"

"Usually, on the wedding night, the guy handles it, so you don't have to worry about-" AND MY EYES WIDENED! THIS DICKHEAD THOUGHT THAT I WAS TALKING ABOUT CONSUMMATING OUR MARRIAGE!

I smacked his head when he winced and rubbed it, "Ouchies. What was that for?"

"Owen DISgrace-" he chuckled when I continued, "I'm talking about marriage."

"Well, mum and dad had one, got me. Whatttt could possibly go wrong?"

"Owen. You see that I'm completely stressed and here you are making jokes."

"AG." His tone had hardened, "You are getting married legit right now. How would Xandros feel when he sees a lovely bride walk down the aisle towards him, makeup perfectly done, a beautiful shimmer and shine on your face, a bright smile that he fell in love with and a cute face that he just loves. Wouldn't he feel nice?"

I instantly felt happy when I giggled, "Yeah."

"Exactly. The reason I'm making you laugh because," he pointed his finger at me, "don't mind, but when you cry, you look like dracula's unborn child. Now imagine a bride approaching to her husband, lines of black mascara down her cheeks, her eyes black due to the mascara leakage and her grinning stupidly at her husband while her hands are shaking and she is crying?"

I was silent, mentally cursing this little one for being right when he shrugged, "I mean, I would want my bride to come again just for the pictures to come nice."

That caught my attention, "Do guys come only for pictures?"

And he lost it, "For their brides, AG! Who else? I can bet a thousand bucks that Xos would marry you in his underwear. Jeez, woman."

I glared at him and smacked his head, "Okay, that's enough. When are the doors opening?"

"When you'll stop talking."

"What do you mean?"

And Owen groaned and looked at the nearest man when he whispered, "Can you kindly open the doors and request the entrance? My sister here,-" Owen covered the left side of his mouth and whispered when I bent low to hear him as he said to the guard, "is in heatttttt. Open the doors so that she can go in-"

"OWEN!" and I smacked his head when he chuckled, "Smile AG, it's your big day. I love you."

The trumpets blew when I whispered, "I love you too."

The doors started to open when he squeezed my hand, "I always got your back."

And I squeezed his hand back, "And I always got yours."

The doors opened when Xandros turned around and my eyes fell on his as his fell on me when both of us reflected the exact same smiles, full of love, harmony, peace and utter affection for each other.

We started walking in when I couldn't help but wish that my mother was here. She had apologized to Xandros for her behaviour and had said that she had found it weird for how my more-than-several years sulking mood got better in one day. She had just found the utterly fast change of behaviour weird and was worried for me. She had apologized feverishly for the slap, had made many things for him and even arranged a trip for all three of us to go together as another act of apology.

Usually, she would be the first one to sense that Xandros is upset, because........... well because she was a mother and obviously knew. She would sit hours with him, console him, hug him and let Xandros vent out with her. She would bake whatever he liked and would tell her little love stories to him. It was sweet. It was really very sweet.

After my marriage, we were to sell our house and shift in Xandros's one because Owen couldn't live alone at the age of nine. I, would never allow and Xandros sure as hell didn't allow.

My mother passed away a year and three months ago. Cancer took her away and today, I wished that she would have been here. She, of all people, should have been here.

------------------------------------------------------

Please tell me you loved my little Owie.

Also..................surprise: you'll be meeting special GUESTS in the following updates. Heheheheh. 😝😝🤭🤭🤭

Peace!

A.ZChaudhry

My insta: anachaudhry

Insta: authora.zchaudhry