Chapter 22

XANDROS

Ava gave me shit for announcing that we were together for the way I did. And man, did that girl hit me on the arms like crazy? I could feel myself waiting for the nurses to come and collect their patient who had accidentally gotten out of the psychic ward. She landed hit after hit at my arm and seethed out, "Isss thissss the way you tell my mum about us, Xandros?"

"I-"

Another hit, but a bit painful one this time, "Especialyyyy after I told you NOT to tell her like this."

"I understand, but I-"

"There'ssssss that 'but' again, you egotistical, rude, idiotic piece of shit."

"Ava-"

"ARRGHHHHH." and holding her hand that was about to hit my arm again, I pulled her flush into my chest when her eyes widened as she looked up at me, her breathing hitching all of a sudden. She gazed up at me when I gazed back down at her, both of us breathing heavily. I removed the strands of hair which had fallen onto her face and placed it behind her ear when I held her chin between two fingers of mine and rubbed it, "You hit me again, I'll throw you over my knees and spank your ass till it turns red."

Blood rushed to her cheeks till they turned red when she whispered, "Xandros....."

I laid my lips on top of hers, "Ssshh baby, I wouldn't be able to control myself."

She looked back at her closed door and pulled me in closer, "Spend the night with me."

I cheekily grinned, "Oooo, an open offer for free sex, well then oops-" and she smacked my arm. Chuckling, I held her face and kissed her forehead, "Darling, your birth mother is literally inside, how stupid will I look asking her to let her daughter sleep with me on literally the day I meet her for the first time, you jackass?"

"Mama doesn't have to know."

"What?"

"She doesn't have to know. I sleep with my door locked and hence, there is no problem. Jump from my window in the morning before she wakes up."

"Does she get up in the night?"

"Yes. Just to check up on Owen."

"Exactly. I can't sleep here then."

She pulled on my arm, "Whyyyyyyy? My door is locked, Davidson."

I flicked her forehead, "My car is literally parked behind your mother's car, you sorry excuse of a dimwit."

Her features suddenly slackened as realization dawned on her when she looked past me to my car and then back at me, "Park it some blocks away."

"And then walk here? In this winter? For this face of a girlfriend?" I scoffed, "Oh hell nawww."

"Xandros-"

The door opened and Ms. Johnsonn stepped outside, effectively shutting Ava up, "Is there a problem, kids?"

I rubbed the back of my neck and went towards her, "Ms. Johnsonn, I was thinking something."

Ava rushed forward and wrapped her hands around my arm, squeezing them painfully, "He wanted cookiessss."

I scoffed, "Did not." I would have remained silent but that fucking statement showed me as a kid and hell no.

Ms. Johnsonn looked at me, "Yes, dear?"

"I was wondering, if-you know.... you know......."

She chuckled, "If what, sweetheart?"

There's that chuckle again which scares me shit.