Chapter 1

❄️

❄️

.・゜゜・

"I'm at the edge
of my emotions."

*+:。.。 。.。:+*

It was another day and Ni-ki wasn't having it or feeling it. He never did, ever since his grandfather who he was close to died, at least then he could somehow escape the chaos that he would already call hell if he could and that chaos was the constant arguing, noises of the glass cracking, constant shouting-

It wasn't great, especially when he saw his mother who could barely walk with another bruise or something worse than that, he could handle them divorcing, but the only problem was with who would he rather stay, his careless father or with a drunk mother who was drowned in alcohol, without a single care in this world, jobless?

He would not survive with one of them, he barely got hired in a coffee shop, it was already December but he felt like he was left in fall, with gloomy, rainy weather with different shades of orange, red, green, and yellow leaves falling down the trees and surrounding the roads, grass-

"Riki, would you like to go with me to a café?" Jay asked while Sunoo was busy jawning since he didn't sleep the whole night. How did Ni-ki know that? Well, long story short Sunoo complained to him about it over a video call with Jay.

"Uh, sure thing but I can't be for long..." Ni-ki said and soon after that, he sighed.

"That's fine, after all, you are going to a sleepover this Saturday and I do not want to hear a negative response coming from your mouth." Sunoo huffed while Ni-ki squinted his eyes at him. "But-" Ni-ki was ready to protest, but Sunoo was quicker. "Heeseung hyung is going to be there," Sunoo mentioned while Jay chuckled in response. "Okay," Ni-ki replied. "You sure know how to convince other people," Jay commented as he glanced at Sunoo who only smiled at him.

Ni-ki liked Heeseung. They both liked playing games since Ni-ki would get bored of Sunoo's "secret sharing" as he would like to call it, though he was pretty sure that he was gossiping, but nobody cared and why would he?

And basically through playing games together they clicked, they became friends just like that.

❄️

"Did you know that Park Sunghoon's parents have divorced?" Sunoo said out loud while Jay widened his eyes in response. "Can we talk about someone else?" Jay asked and soon after that, he sighed. "He is my cousin after all..."

"I am sorry, hyung we can-" And so Sunoo was interrupted by Ni-ki who was playing games with Heeseung. "Hyung, please we can play something, we do not need to talk about other people's lives we have our lives to live after all." Ni-ki blurted out while Jay nodded in response. "That is right, anyway..." He stopped speaking as he noticed Sunoo smiling at him. "Okay, you can help me..." Jay said as he rolled his eyes and stood up, soon being followed by Sunoo.

"Gosh, we got rid of the gossiper finally," Heeseung complained. "Aww, come on hyung I know that you love him," Ni-ki said as he grinned at him. "Okay, as a friend yeah, but even if I did have a crush on him I'd be too late," Heeseung said while Ni-ki raised an eyebrow at him. "Huh?"

"Riki, you are clearly blind." Heeseung sighed. "At first I thought that they were dating..." Heeseung confessed while Ni-ki widened his eyes in response.

"So, am I the third wheel here?" Ni-ki suddenly asked while Heeseung laughed in response. "Yup," Heeseung said with a smile on his face. "But, no worries after all you'll find someone too." He declared while Ni-ki bit his lower lip at that.

Yeah, sure...

Like someone would like me...

Ni-ki's thoughts were just like that interrupted by Heeseung celebrating that he had won another round, making him the winner while Ni-ki didn't care that much.

"Hey." Ni-ki heard someone say out of nowhere, but he was sure that he have heard that voice somewhere, but could not pit point where and when.

"Oh, Sunghoon-ah." Jay widely smiled at him, still wearing an apron, tightly tied around his waist that was kind of smudged but, to Sunghoon it didn't matter that much as he hugged him. "Woah, easy there." Jay chuckled while Sunoo walked into the living room as well. "You are not locking your door, still?" Sunghoon said as he let go of him.

"Nope, after all, I knew that you'd come." He said and soon after that, he shrugged. "Oh, that must be Sunoo." Sunghoon smiled at him while Sunoo glanced at him with confusion in his eyes, but he still managed to smile back at him. "Jay-ah told me a lot about you." In response to that Sunoo glanced at Jay while Jay glanced down for a second.

"Uh, turn around," Jay said to Sunghoon as he pointed behind him. "Why-"

Sunghoon glanced at Ni-ki with his eyes wide and Ni-ki glanced at him slightly confused. "Hey, I am Riki, but you can call me Ni-ki." He said with a shy smile on his face. He was always like that when he met new people when he first met Heeseung he was afraid to talk to him for a few hours before opening up finally and realizing that not all people are bad or would judge him.

"Sunghoon," Sunghoon said as he quickly looked away and glanced at Heeseung who held the game controller tightly in his hands. "My name's Heeseung, nice meeting you, Sunghoon-ah." He said as he smiled back at him and Sunghoon smiled back at him.

Why was it so-

"Is my scarf still safe, Ni-ki?" Sunghoon let out while Ni-ki widened his eyes in response as his cheeks flushed out of embarrassment. "Uh, that was you?" Ni-ki muttered to himself, but Sunghoon still managed to hear him. "Yup, glad that you were not as cold as you were before." He smiled while Ni-ki glanced at Jay and to Ni-ki he seemed like he had too many questions to ask.

"Oh, I just remembered that I have homework to do..." Ni-ki said as he threw the game controller on the floor and he could hear Heeseung and Jay scolding him already while Sunoo laughed in response as Ni-ki stood up and rushed out of the living room leaving the four of them stunned.

❄️

Why did I feel so embarrassed by it?

Ni-ki sighed as he remembered that he had left his coat and that scarf that Sunghoon had given him on the sofa as he reminded himself of how cold it was outside.

Shit...

He felt his lips trembling.

I am doomed...

           *・゚゚・*:.。..。.:*゚:*:✼✿  

"Hey, December guess I'm feeling unmoored, can't remember

what I used to fight for..."

✿✼:*゚:.。..。.:*・゚゚・*