Chapter 13

🌷

"We haven't done that in a while," Heeseung commented while Ni-ki nodded at him. "I know, hyung..." Ni-ki shrugged. "Sorry, about that." He sheepishly smiled at him expecting Heeseung to smile back at him, but when he didn't he knew that something might be wrong.

"I heard about your situation with your family from Jay..." Ni-ki couldn't believe that Heeseung was saying this.

Does Jay hyung want to ruin my life or something...?

"I was supposed to do that by myself, he didn't have to tell the whole world about it!?" Ni-ki frowned while Heeseung paused the game that they were playing.

"Riki, by lying you would only-" Ni-ki cut him off. "What?" Ni-ki questioned. "Lie, suffer, feel all sorts of emotions, cry in my bed at night?" Ni-ki provoked with a frown on his face. "Hyung, I am not a baby, I know that it's not good to lie, but what Jay hyung is doing is not right too..." Ni-ki said as he glanced down, while Heeseung listened. "It's complicated..." Ni-ki dryly chuckled while Heeseung sighed in response. "I am sorry too, I didn't understand how hard it must've-" Heeseung stopped speaking for a second until he continued. "It still must be hard for you and me not putting myself in your position didn't help..." Heeseung sighed while Ni-ki glanced at him. "I am sorry for being rude...and lying..." Ni-ki said. "I know that it wasn't the right thing to do, but I am learning from my mistakes," Ni-ki said and soon after that, he sighed.

"Well, now we can play games again." Heeseung chuckled while Ni-ki rolled his eyes at him. "You only care about that, hyung?" Ni-ki asked, slightly teasing him while Heeseung shook his head in denial. "I don't want that much drama, that's all." Heeseung laughed while Ni-ki nodded at him. "Okay, okay I get it." He laughed back and soon after that the two of them decided to play again.

🌷

"Hey." Ni-ki smiled at him and of course that Sunghoon did smile back at him. "Up for a walk?" Sunghoon asked while Ni-ki grinned at him. "Sure thing."

That was how the two of them ended up walking together, though maybe it wasn't the smartest choice for them to do since Ni-ki's father could be lurking in the darkness, searching for him like some kind of a monster for his prey.

"Maybe, we should go back home..." Ni-ki glanced down while Sunghoon glanced down for a second before he nodded at him. "Yeah, I think that that's smart considering that-" Ni-ki interrupted. "Yeah, hyung let's just go...home." Ni-ki let out while Sunghoon widened his eyes at him.

Home...

He smiled at him as he decided to hold his hand. "What's that for?" Sunghoon asked and soon after that, he chuckled. "I thought that you liked doing that, hyung," Ni-ki responded with a smile present on his face. "Oh..." Sunghoon glanced down for probably the hundredth time that day and he was sure that it wasn't from embarrassment.

🌷

"What if my father shows up...?" Ni-ki asked as his hands started shaking rapidly. "I can't promise you that he won't, but I'll be there if he does..." Sunghoon said and soon after that, he sighed. "Thanks, hyung-" Ni-ki responded. "I guess..." He chuckled while Sunghoon rolled his eyes at him playfully. "I am trying." He chuckled.

"Sunghoon-ah, dinner's ready!?" Ni-ki could hear Sunghoon's mother shout and Ni-ki guessed that Sunghoon had heard her since he glanced in Ni-ki's direction and spoke. "Mum's done with preparing dinner," Sunghoon said out loud and Ni-ki nodded at him. "You can come whenever you'd like." Sunghoon smiled at him. "Thanks, hyung, I'll be there in a bit." He replied while Sunghoon nodded at him and just like that he left Ni-ki alone in his bedroom.