Chapter 20

🍁

"Hey." Sunghoon smiled and of course, Ni-ki smiled back at him. "Hey, hyung what brings you here?" Ni-ki asked since they didn't call each other to meet up or something similar to that. "I just wanted to talk to you that's all," Sunghoon said while Ni-ki nodded at him.

"We can walk and talk at the same time..." Sunghoon said while Ni-ki didn't know how to respond.

But, on TV they said that
it was going to rain soon...

"If you want to, I ain't forcing you." Sunghoon shrugged rather nervously while Ni-ki smiled at him. "Sure, but we should be quick, they said that it will rain so-" Ni-ki said while Sunghoon nodded at him. "Okay, it will be quick no worries..." Sunghoon replied. "I just want to get this out of my chest..." Sunghoon muttered to himself, though Ni-ki couldn't hear him since at that moment his father called him. "Riki-ah, who's that?" Ni-ki sighed in response. "It's Sunghoon hyung, he wants to take a walk with me," Ni-ki said out loud. "Okay, have fun!!!" His father shouted back. "Wow, that's a pretty good change." Sunghoon grinned, but that grin was soon to be wiped off of his face. "Yeah, but I am afraid that it won't last..." Ni-ki confessed. "I'll be here in a few moments, I'll just grab my coat and we can go." Ni-ki smiled at him while Sunghoon nodded at him.

🍁

The leaves collapse upon them with a variety of colors to be seen, just like a painting.

"So what did you want to talk about, hyung?" Ni-ki asked while Sunghoon sighed in response, nobody was to be seen in the neighborhood since it was late at night, and the only sight of light was the dimmed lights that you could barely see through the thick fog. "I just want to get this over with it..." Sunghoon said while Ni-ki glanced down for a second. "What do you mean by that-" Ni-ki questioned. "Our friendship?" Ni-ki added already assuming where this was going.

"No, no it's not THAT!?" Sunghoon let out, making it clear that it wasn't about him ending their friendship, while Ni-ki sighed in relief. "Good..." Ni-ki let out. "I like your eyes and how they spark when they find something interesting, I like your whole personality because I always find something interesting about you, I like the way you smile because every time you do it brings me so much joy..." Sunghoon let out, while Ni-ki widened his eyes out of shock while his cheeks turned red, and a smile appeared on his face.

Is he confessing...

"I like you Ni-ki and it's not only in a friendship way, as I thought that it would be like..." Sunghoon let out a while Ni-ki gasped as the tears started forming in his eyes. Ni-ki did feel the same way, he liked Sunghoon's moles that he found cute, his smile, his jokes, and his whole personality, but he couldn't, he couldn't do it yet, he couldn't hurt a person for his problems with his family that might end up happening.

"I am sorry, hyung." Ni-ki let out and soon after that he did feel the loose grip on his hand Sunghoon letting go of his hand completely, he could see the hurtful look Sunghoon was giving to him and Ni-ki wanted to cry because he did feel the same way, but he felt like he didn't deserve him.

Just like that, the rain started falling on them, and the two of them just stood there, staring at each other, if a person could see the sight in front of them, they could not decide who was crying more, the rain or the two people who didn't say a word for what seemed an eternity.

But those stares were enough for them to know who was hurting more, they were hurting so much that even the sky started crying for them, the heavy rain that they weren't bothered with, they were lost in each other's eyes because of the hurt that they have felt, it was unfortunate that they didn't know that they were hurting for different reasons, but both of them did share the feeling of hurt, that was what they had in common after all as the droplets of the rain fell on them.

"I just don't like you in that way..." Ni-ki let out as he wiped the tears from his face, though it didn't have a purpose at this point since he would get soaked wet all over again. "I understand..." Sunghoon glanced down for a second until he glanced at him once again. "Thank you for making me feel happy." Sunghoon let out as he turned around while Ni-ki was completely broken, standing in the rain not moving an inch.

"Goodbye, Riki-ah," Sunghoon said, and just like that he walked in the rain, while Ni-ki just stood there, staring at him until he was no longer visible because of the thick fog.

I just...

"I don't understand myself anymore..." Ni-ki muttered to himself as he turned around and ran to his house as quickly as possible, trying his best to let those emotions of his vanish, but they didn't.

.・゜゜・

"I replay my footsteps on each stepping stone trying to find the one where I went wrong..."

*+:。.。 。.。:+*

🍁

On the other hand, Sunghoon was hurt, but at least Ni-ki was the one to decide whether to stay in Korea or not.

He was leaving the next week and the reason was quite simple, it was because Sunghoon's mother had gotten an amazing job opportunity abroad, but Sunghoon was the one who would get to decide to as well, that was because his mother considered that he'll have to leave his friends behind, including Ni-ki, maybe it was a dumb decision for someone who turned eighteen last year, but there was no going back.

.・゜゜・

"Only love, only love can hurt like this only love can hurt like this..."
»»---->

Sunghoon muffled his crying in hopes that his mother wouldn't hear him.

"It hurts..." Sunghoon sobbed. "It hurts so much..."

Ni-ki wasn't any better, there we so many thoughts in his head that he felt like his head could explode any second.

What if it would've
worked out?

...

Why didn't I just
say that I like him back!?

"Why am I so f*cking stupid!?" Ni-ki cried out.

Why can't I just let myself be happy, why am I so f*cking selfish?

Ni-ki didn't know any of the answers to his questions, sadly...

»»---->

"I pushed away your precious heart, the selfish me from that time."
<----««

.・。.・゜✭・.・。.・゜✭・

"This is me praying that, this was the very first page, not where the storyline ends.... "

"My thoughts will echo your name until I see you again..."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"I am so sorry..." Ni-ki let out. "But a sorry can't fix everything..."