Chapter 12

🌷

Maybe, Ni-ki could get used to sleeping over at Sunghoon's house, though to him it seemed like Sunghoon was bothered by something, just by stealing a glance he knew that, if he was being honest he couldn't explain how did he get to that conclusion, maybe it was Sunghoon's blank face as they ate dinner together or how Sunghoon sometimes didn't answer Ni-ki's questions-

"Is something wrong, Ni-ki?" Sunghoon asked him while Ni-ki remained silent- maybe he was just overthinking? "Nothing hyung-" Ni-ki glanced at him slightly nervous. "I mean- nothing is wrong, I just got lost in thought..." Ni-ki chuckled while Sunghoon grimaced at him making him surprised. "You do know that I hate it when you lie to me, right...?" Sunghoon asked as he raised an eyebrow at him and soon after that he sighed.

"Okay, sorry for that..." Ni-ki bit his lip as he glanced down. "It's just that, I feel like you are slightly disappointed with me lying, and yeah, the whole time I felt like you were tolerating me.." Ni-ki dryly chuckled as he shrugged while Sunghoon glanced at him, before glancing away. "Sorry, for that I was kind of lost in my thoughts too..." He sighed. "But, I would lie if I would not say that I was slightly disappointed with you lying, not only to me but others too..." Sunghoon glanced down. "It may sound weird coming out of my mouth, but you have me if something bothers you, you have Heeseung hyung, Jake-" Sunghoon glanced at him as a smile appeared on his face. "I think that you get my point..." He chuckled while Ni-ki suppressed a smile.  "I know, but that's hard for me to do, it was hard for me to open up to Sunoo and Jay hyung..." Ni-ki sighed as he crossed his arms. "I understand." Sunghoon glanced in his direction and that did surprise Ni-ki.

"I have some problems that I am afraid to share with my friends too..." Sunghoon said while Ni-ki listened. "My father is not the best man in this world and he is irresponsible..." Sunghoon spoke. "He-" Sunghoon remained silent while Ni-ki glanced at him. "You don't need to tell me, if you are not comfortable with it, after all, I know how's like hyung." Ni-ki let out, trying to somehow comfort him.

"It's fine, after all the truth will always come out on the surface..." Sunghoon muttered. "Let's just say that my father forces me to do his work-"

"What!?" Ni-ki let out until he somehow collected himself. "I tried standing up to him since he is the CEO of that company and that is his job, but I am too scared to do so..." Sunghoon shrugged.

Silence.

"I am pathetic, right...?" Sunghoon locked eyes with Ni-ki who shook his head in denial. "Why would you be, hyung?" Ni-ki asked. "You are doing something that you do not want to for a person who hurt you and your mother deeply, you are strong for doing that in the first place!!!" Ni-ki said, he did tell the truth though, at least that was what he thought. "You mean that?" Sunghoon asked. "Of course, that I do, you even did so much for me who was a stranger to you and kinda rude too.." Ni-ki sighed while Sunghoon tapped his shoulder. "That's okay, like I said I would be even worse if we switched places." Sunghoon grinned at him, trying to make the conversation slightly brighter.

"I guess so...but still, you don't have it easy too," Ni-ki replied. "Maybe, but that's fine, maybe I do deserve that..." Sunghoon said. "Why would you even say that?" Ni-ki frowned at him. "Nobody deserves that kind of treatment, maybe my father did have a rough childhood-" Ni-ki stopped speaking for a second. "I am not sure if he did or not, but that is still not a good excuse for treating you like that," Sunghoon said. "Same can go for your father as well," Ni-ki commented. "I guess, that we have the same problem, huh?" Sunghoon glanced in his direction. "Yeah, I guess that we do, kinda." Ni-ki laughed as he leaned his head on Sunghoon's shoulder surprising him since it did make Sunghoon's face feel warm for some reason.

"I hope that you're okay with this, hyung..." Ni-ki muttered. "I'm fine with it..." Sunghoon replied loud enough for Ni-ki to hear him. "That's good to know." He chuckled, while Sunghoon bit his lip in response as they stayed like that for hours, talking about everything and nothing at the same time.

🌷

"Good night, hyung." Ni-ki smiled at him. "Good night to you too, Riki." Sunghoon smiled back at him.

I feel weird...

Ni-ki did sigh as he lazily walked to the guest room.

Nothing has changed, the same old purple walls, a double-sized bed that had white sheets, and a closet and that was it. He closed the door behind him and decided to sleep, though he couldn't.

He had too much to think
about.

Why didn't I notice Hoon hyung's struggles...?

Ni-ki felt bad and he did know somewhere deep inside that Sunghoon- his Sunghoon hyung would not want him to worry about him, but he couldn't help it.

What if my friends are thinking the same about me...?

...

What if Sunghoon hyung is thinking about me...?

He sighed.

That would be absurd...

He chewed on his bottom lip, though he did soon after that quit that since his lips started hurting from it.

I'll just go to sleep...

Ni-ki closed his eyes and a few seconds later he fell asleep, it was probably from the walks he and Sunghoon took that day.