Chapter 19

🍁

🍁

From leaves sinking of green, yellow, orange, brown, and red, to the fog and rainy days, fall has come just like that and it did change Ni-ki's life just a bit.

His parents did fight here and there, but it was still fine for now, but Sunghoon worried him a lot. He didn't know what was going on in his head, since he wasn't a mind reader of some sort, but he did know for sure that something was wrong.

Even now, when it was all gloomy, the city they lived in, was filled with fog, it was just enough for them to catch a glimpse of where they were going, but their hands were no longer intertwined and that was a shame.

"Hyung?" Ni-ki called out while Sunghoon hummed in response. "Why can't we hold hands...?" Ni-ki asked while Sunghoon was busy scrolling on the phone. "Uh, well I didn't say that we can't do that..." Sunghoon glanced in his direction while Ni-ki glanced at him for a second before glancing away. "Uh, I am just asking since my hands are getting cold and-" Ni-ki was just like that interrupted by Sunghoon's laughter. "If you like to hold hands, just say it, Riki," Sunghoon said as he stopped laughing and smiled at him, making Ni-ki's cheeks flush.

...

"Nevermind..." Ni-ki glanced down as he tried his best to not panic about it while Sunghoon intertwined his hand with Ni-ki's which did make Ni-ki flinch in response, but at the same time, it did make him feel all warm and fuzzy from the inside.

"Cute," Sunghoon said and soon after that, he chuckled. "Even if I'm doing nothing, you'd find me cute," Ni-ki said in a somewhat joking manner. "Correct, you're always cute," Sunghoon replied while Ni-ki bit his lip in response to that as his ears turned red and Sunghoon did notice that.

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Oh, I hate how much I love you
and I hate how much I care..."

✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

"Aww, are you embarrassed Ki?" Sunghoon asked while Ni-ki glanced at him with a pout present on his face. "That ain't funny hyung..." He huffed. "I didn't try to make it funny though, my cute friend." Sunghoon teased while Ni-ki playfully rolled his eyes at him, as a smile crept on his face. "You should be lucky that I love you," Ni-ki said and soon after that, he flinched.

Wait, that wasn't
supposed to happen-

His thoughts were soon interrupted by Sunghoon. "Oh, really?" Sunghoon raised an eyebrow at him and soon after that he started laughing. "Same here, we're friends after all," Sunghoon said while Ni-ki sighed in response as he glanced at a random bench in the park they were walking in. "Yeah, friends..." Ni-ki muttered to himself.

All of a sudden Sunghoon got a call from Jake and said that he needs to go and Ni-ki didn't fight over it, he needed to be alone after all. "Sorry, but Jake's dad told me that Jake fell from a cherry tree..." Sunghoon sighed.

How the heck-

"How the heck did that happen?" Ni-ki asked slightly confused and concerned at the same time. "Long story short, he was competing with Jungwon and then he fell..." Sunghoon shrugged.

What the heck...

"Yeah, anyway sorry but I need to go, love you!?" Sunghoon said and soon after that he rushed to some kind of an alley and Ni-ki was sure that he was phoning someone. "Love you too, hyung..." Ni-ki muttered to himself as he decided to sit on the bench.

I hate this...

🍁

"Jake are you okay!?" Sunghoon said as he stopped him on a bed with Jungwon sitting beside him. "Yup, I just broke my leg ya know." Jake chuckled while Sunghoon widened his eyes in response. "YOU JUST BROKE YOUR LEG AND YOU ARE SO CHILL ABOUT IT, DUDE-" Sunghoon was interrupted by Jungwon. "Hyung, calm down..." Jungwon sighed as he stood up and walked to him. "Everything is going to be okay, okay?" Jungwon assured while Sunghoon glanced at him and soon after that he glanced away as he breathed in and out trying to calm down.

"I know that you two know each other, ever since kindergarten but that was dramatic," Jungwon commented making Jake laugh in response. "Yup, but just imagine how worried would he get if something happened to Riki."

"Jake hyung is right, he'd probably have a heart attack," Jungwon said in a joking manner, while Sunghoon rolled his eyes at him. "That's really funny like I didn't have one for Jake breaking his leg," Sunghoon replied somewhat sarcastically. "Okay, hyung I am sorry..." Jungwon let out. "It's just that you don't know that you like him and it's frustrating, hyung..." Jungwon sighed while Jake did let Sunghoon know that he agrees with Jungwon.

"But, I already know that..." Sunghoon confessed. "WHAT!?" Jake and Jungwon let out in sync making Sunghoon flinch in response. "He finally found out, my little Sunghoon is growing up-" Jake let out, but Sunghoon was quick to interrupt him. "You are older than me for a month..." Sunghoon said and soon after that, he sighed. "Yeah, but that still doesn't change my point." Jake smiled at him. "I still wonder how none of the nurses came to check on you after all this yelling." Jungwon chuckled.

🍁

On the other hand, Ni-ki wasn't sure if he wanted to witness his parents sitting on the couch watching TV or fighting, simply because he was used to them fighting, while them enjoying each other's presence was unusual and he was afraid that it would not last.

He sighed, as he noticed that there was no sign of his parents anywhere.

Are they sleeping...?

In all honesty, he didn't want to know as he turned the light in the kitchen and found a sticky note, Ni-ki grabbed it and read it. "We'll be home before eleven pm." Ni-ki sighed in response as he opened the fridge and glanced at the sandwich. "Thanks, mum..." Ni-ki muttered to himself as a smile crept on his face, before grabbing the sandwich.

After eating it, he decided to brush his teeth and take a shower, and soon after that in his bed, he fell asleep.

Maybe, things are
getting better...