Chapter 8

🌷

To say the least, Ni-ki had fun, he was truly enjoying the company and how nice Sunghoon's friends were to him, he felt accepted, not tolerated, though in his family he was not even tolerated, Ni-ki doesn't want to think about his family dynamic now.

Not now, when he is walking with Sunghoon on his side and having fun, not now when Jake and Jungwon offered him some ice cream and started teasing him about how he and Sunghoon would make a good couple, not now when finally some tension between Sunoo and Heeseung was gone thanks to him, of course- there were so many good moments to count or when Jay spoke weird jokes that made everyone laugh at how silly he was, that surprised most of them in his friend circle.

"I wish that we can do this every once in a while," Sunghoon said out loud, a smile not leaving his face. "Same, here hyung." Ni-ki smiled at him, while Heeseung interrupted. "Uh, we should go now, it's kind of dark and all that..."

"Yeah, Hee hyung is right," Jay said while Sunoo only nodded in response.

🌷

"Well, it was great to finally meet you, Riki," Jake said, while Jungwon nodded in agreement. "Yeah, Hoon hyung often talks about you, so it was cool to see you in person." He grinned while Ni-ki widened his eyes in response to that, that was until he glanced in Sunghoon's direction, he was busy talking with Heeseung and Jay, but still, he was surprised that Sunghoon had even mentioned him.

"Well, see ya," Jake said with a smile present on his face, while Jungwon waved at him and the two of them got into a gray car, soon after that, it drove away and Ni-ki could see a middle-aged woman driving it.

"That's Jake's mum," Sunghoon said out of nowhere, startling Ni-ki. "Oh, hyung it's just you," Ni-ki said and soon after that, he let out a big breath of relief.

"Who else would it be?" Heeseung said out loud, obviously teasing the two of them, that did make Jay and Sunoo laugh in response, and just to confirm it did make Heeseung smile proudly just by hearing their laughter, but it was probably because he wanted to make someone laugh, right?

"Hyung, please just-" Ni-ki was interrupted by Sunghoon clearing his throat as he said that he will wait for a few more minutes and that his driver should pick him up, while the three of them only listened to him.

"We'll see each other more often," Jay said while Sunoo smiled in response. "That would be awesome." Heeseung and Sunoo said in sync which did surprise the two of them the most as they both glanced at each other and quickly glanced away while Jay was just standing in the middle, finding everything suspicious.

That was when a black car with tinted glass drove onto the road and they said their last goodbyes to Sunghoon, and Ni-ki and his friends were left alone.

"We should go now, I mean..." Heeseung said and soon after that, he shrugged. "Yeah, I do not want my father to lock the door at me," Ni-ki said, and soon after a small chuckle escaped his mouth, while Sunoo glanced at him worried. "You can always sleep over at mine, though I'll be sleeping over at Jay hyungie's place..." Sunoo said and soon after that Ni-ki glanced at Heeseung who glanced down for a second before he walked away from them, passed through Ni-ki, and locked the car doors for them.

"All ready to go." He said with a smile on his face.

Something is off...

Ni-ki still smiled at him, as he told Sunoo and Jay that the car was unlocked since they were busy talking with each other.

🌷

"Here you go, Riki-ah take care," Heeseung said with a smile on his face while Ni-ki glanced at him slightly worried. "You'll be fine by yourself?" Ni-ki asked as he raised his eyebrow at him and Heeseung widened his eyes at him in response.

Silence.

As much as Ni-ki did expect an answer from Heeseung, he didn't get one. He knew that something was bothering him though, but his thoughts were filled with so many great memories from today's trip, that he didn't want to ruin the mood for Heeseung, so he just shrugged it off.

"Take care, Hee hyung." He smiled at him, while Heeseung sighed in response to that. "Same goes for you." He smiled at him and soon after that he rushed to his car and drove off, leaving Ni-ki alone with his family, if you can even call it a family anymore at this point.

He sighed as he turned to the door that led to his house and opened it, he was not even surprised that the door was unlocked, he tipi-toed upstairs to his bedroom and immediately locked the door.

He was not usually a careless person, but he was too afraid to even go to the bathroom to brush his teeth and wash his face as he decided to only change into his pajamas.

🌷

Ni-ki woke up with his eyes wide open, feeling slightly warm on his face.

Why the heck did I dream about Sunghoon hyung...?

"Rationally speaking, maybe it was because I spent the whole day with him...?" Ni-ki muttered to himself. "I am going crazy." He dryly chuckled to himself. "Now I am even speaking to myself," Ni-ki said as he turned to the other side and tried his best to fall asleep again.

🌷

On the other hand, Sunghoon was way too occupied with the documents that he had forgotten that it was already past three in the morning.

I feel like it's time for me to go to sleep...

He sighed as he placed the documents on the table in his bedroom.

The only happy thing that he could think of at the moment, was his conversations from yesterday with Ni-ki, that was when he walked to his bed and covered himself with a bunch of blankets his mother bought for him, and fell asleep with a smile on his face, he finally has another friend.

A friend that is similar in some ways to him, a friend who might understand him more than Jake who has a loving family, or Jungwon who doesn't have any pressure put on him because he is the youngest in his family.

Maybe, just one day, they can be each other's comfort, that was at least what Sunghoon had thought.

Maybe, they can make a change in their lives, just like the seasons.