Chapter 18

☀️

☀️

Sunghoon was ready, that is if a declaration of readiness included minor panic attacks and nervousness around Ni-ki, but he was ready to confess his feelings to Ni-ki, even if he'd get rejected it would not be the end of the world, he would like to avoid getting hurt though.

Maybe it wasn't the best
idea to keep it a secret
for such a long time...

Sunghoon thought to himself as he held a bouquet of yellow daffodils behind his back waiting for Ni-ki. It was quite a funny story of how he got to have them, but Sunghoon didn't even have time to think about that funny moment, since he saw Ni-ki, but he was with Heeseung and Sunoo.

He glanced down and soon after that he sighed.

I guess that it's not
time for this now...

He turned around and walked away as he held the yellow daffodils in his hands in front of him, he almost threw them in the trash, but an old lady stopped him. "Young man, those daffodils look beautiful, they're too beautiful to be thrown in the trash like that." She said while Sunghoon glanced at her slightly confused since he didn't expect her to speak to him at all, but he smiled at her.

"Do you want to have them?" Sunghoon asked while the lady chuckled at him. "That's a nice gesture you know that, right?" The young lady asked while Sunghoon nodded at her. "You might be right..." Sunghoon muttered. "Maybe, throwing them away would be a waste, but doing something nice is never going to be a waste," Sunghoon said with a smile on his face as he handed the yellow daffodils to her. "Thank you, young man, even though you did miss the point..." She chuckled while Sunghoon glanced at her slightly confused. "Your friends are waiting and maybe those daffodils were meant for someone that you dearly love, that would also be a waste." She said and soon after that, Sunghoon could hear Ni-ki's voice in the distance.

"I was faster!?" Ni-ki said out loud as he teased Sunoo who rolled his eyes at him while Heeseung was laughing at them. Sunghoon didn't even notice that Ni-ki had bumped into him. Sunghoon turned around and glanced at Ni-ki with a smile on his face. "Hey." Ni-ki chuckled at him. "Hyung, why are you just standing there?" Ni-ki questioned while Sunghoon raised an eyebrow at him. "What do you mean?" Sunghoon asked and soon after that, he turned around to notice that the old lady was gone.

What the heck was
that all about...?

Sunghoon widened his eyes and just stood there not moving an inch, that was until Ni-ki nudged his elbow. "Uh, hyung are you okay?" Ni-ki asked as Sunghoon turned around to see Sunoo and Heeseung walking up to them.

He would not believe
me even if I'd say it...

"We should go get some ice cream," Sunoo suggested while Sunghoon nodded at him. "Yup, I need some, I think that sun has hit my head hard." He laughed. "Same here, I am tired." Heeseung chuckled. "Well, we should go then!?" Ni-ki said with a smile on his face as he grabbed Sunghoon's hand and dragged him to the nearest store.

☀️

"Ni-ki can we-" Sunghoon asked, but was soon interrupted by Heeseung. "Sunghoon-ah here's your ice cream," Heeseung said as he smiled at him while Sunghoon sighed in response. "Thanks, hyung..." He let out as he took it from Heeseung's hand.

Okay, I'll try
some other time...

Sunghoon comforted himself as he glanced in Ni-ki's direction, he was talking with Sunoo and he seemed generously happy.

☀️

"Ni-ki-" Sunghoon was interrupted, but this time it was Sunoo. "Riki, you know that it's weird to pair chocolate with a hot dog..." Sunoo said and soon after that, he facepalmed himself. "What do you expect from him though?" Heeseung asked. "He's microwaving strawberries at Jay's house all the time." Heeseung declared while Ni-ki rolled his eyes at them. "Hoon hyung, did you wanna talk about something?" Ni-ki asked while Sunghoon shook his head in denial.

I'll confess to him later.

☀️

This time it was a perfect moment, just them sitting together, Heeseung and Sunoo left due to Sunoo's mum because she was worried for him.

"It kind of sucks..." Ni-ki sighed while Sunghoon glanced in Ni-ki's direction. "What are you-" Ni-ki without a care in the world interrupted him. "Well, I don't know..." Ni-ki glanced down while Sunghoon wasn't sure how to respond to him, so he remained quiet. "My parents they're starting to fight...and I do not know what to do about it..." Ni-ki said while Sunghoon flinched a bit, not expecting a sudden change like that. "I just can't believe that in a few days, I'll be back to the same family..." He added. "That truly does suck..." Sunghoon replied. "If you need anything you can call me, but I think that you already know that." Sunghoon shrugged, while Ni-ki nodded at him as a smile peeked in. "Thank you, hyung."

"Though, I did notice that you were trying to talk to me." Ni-ki chuckled while Sunghoon widened his eyes. "Was I that...obvious?" Sunghoon questioned. "Yup, so what is it...?" Ni-ki asked slightly curious while Sunghoon sighed in response.

I can't confess
to him now...

...

It's not the time yet.

"

Uh, nothing much." Sunghoon smiled at him while Ni-ki glanced down for a second. "Are you sure?" Ni-ki asked. "Yup, yup it's nothing important," Sunghoon said with a smile on his face trying to assure Ni-ki, but deep inside he was hurting a bit.

"Uh, would you consider being in a relationship with anyone?" Sunghoon asked, praying to God that he is not obvious in any way while Ni-ki chuckled in response. "Uh, well not for now, but I wouldn't mind it." Ni-ki smiled at him, while Sunghoon glanced down. "Oh..." He let out.

"Why does that interest you?" Ni-ki asked. "Uh, I just wanted to brighten up the situation that is all..." Sunghoon said and soon after that he bit his lip while Ni-ki felt like Sunghoon wasn't telling him something, but he couldn't pit point out what it was exactly, but he didn't want to bother him, since he noticed that Sunghoon was in deep thought.

.・゜゜・

"I'm on waves, out being
tossed, is there a line that
I could just go cross?"

*+:。.。 。.。:+*