Chapter 3

❄️

And Ni-ki was patiently waiting for a black car to stop, though he didn't expect a guy riding a motorcycle even though it was snowing, he noticed that he stopped as soon as he saw him and Ni-ki was slightly scared.

Is he going to kidnap me?

Ni-ki thought to himself as the man (Ni-ki assumed) took off his helmet and Ni-ki was surprised to see Sunghoon driving it. "Hey." He smiled at him, while Ni-ki smiled back at him. "Hop in, I didn't want to trouble my driver so here I am," Sunghoon said. "I kind of sneaked out." He added while Ni-ki widened his eyes at him.

"You didn't have to do that..." Ni-ki said and soon after that, he sighed. "I know, but you are Jay's friend so you are immediately my friend as well," Sunghoon said while Ni-ki could not believe what he was hearing.

Sunghoon?

A stranger?

My friend?

No way...

"Uh..-" Ni-ki wanted to kind of debate with Sunghoon on that, but Sunghoon interrupted him in doing that. "We should go or my father will be mad when he finds out that I am gone..." Sunghoon said while Ni-ki nodded in response. "Okay..."

And that was how Ni-ki ended up driving on a motorcycle with Sunghoon. It was his first time after all and it felt scary and Sunghoon did notice that just by Ni-ki holding tightly onto him, the wind howling, snow falling, it wasn't the time for him to ride a motorcycle, but he didn't mind, he can take care of Jay's friend after all.

❄️

"You didn't have to do that..." Ni-ki let out as Sunghoon opened the door for him. "But, I am and that's fine, I do not mind helping you," Sunghoon replied while Ni-ki glanced down and soon after that he walked inside Sunghoon's house.

Some people would be surprised, but his house was not that big it was not even a mansion it was a cozy home that for some reason smelt like vanilla to Ni-ki, and it had a bunch of different plants randomly placed everywhere.

"We are at my mum's house, my parents just so happened to be a few houses away from each other, so I can see them no matter when." Sunghoon chuckled at him, while Ni-ki felt somewhat bad for him, but then again surprised that Sunghoon is casually speaking to him.

Ni-ki's heart was beating fast though and it was because he felt anxious, nervous, and frightened at the same time.

He was not scared of Sunghoon, though he was kind of like a stranger to him, he was scared of his father, he was scared that his father no matter how careless he is, will find him and he didn't want that. He knew for sure that his father would not dare to call the police or report him as missing after a day, because he would be in big trouble and that would only put Ni-ki in a bad position since he would not have anyone to take care of him, though he did start taking care of himself ever since he turned eleven. Still, that is not that important for now.

"Would you like to eat something?" Sunghoon asked while Ni-ki was just standing in the kitchen deep in his thoughts.

❄️

"Hey, Sunghoon-ah could you help me with-" His mother stopped speaking as she noticed another boy with black hair, slightly taller than her son just standing there and not moving.

"Hey, mum..." Sunghoon shrugged as he smiled at her. "I didn't know that you had a boyfriend." She teased as she placed another plant next to a door frame, while Sunghoon sighed in response.

"Mum, he is only a friend, nothing more." He said as he rolled his eyes, while Ni-ki glanced at him slightly confused. "Oh, you okay?" Sunghoon asked while Ni-ki hummed at him slightly confused not acknowledging Sunghoon's mother yet. "You spaced out so-"

"Oh, sorry for that..." Ni-ki sighed. "Just thinking about stuff..." He added as he turned around. "Can I-" And that was how Ni-ki almost had a heart attack while he glanced at Sunghoon's mother with his eyes wide open.

"Hello, ma'am." Ni-ki bowed as he tried his best to keep his hands from shaking while Ni-ki's mother chuckled at him and Sunghoon glanced at him slightly concerned for the younger.

"You okay-" Sunghoon was interrupted by Ni-ki as soon as he asked that. "Hyung, you like to ask that question a lot recently." His teasing did make Sunghoon's mother laugh in response to that and Sunghoon felt embarrassed, he just wanted his guest and Jay's friend to be comfortable that was all.

"Hey, mum- Sunghoon shrugged. "Ni-ki might stay here for a while since his parents are on a trip and all that, and I kind of-"

"That's fine, I have plenty of room for, Ni-ki you are welcome here." She smiled at him and of course that Ni-ki smiled back at her and thanked her for it. He felt taken care of and perhaps even important to someone, even in a small manner.

Though the only problem was his father.

.・゜゜・

"Thank you for the traumas, thank you for the tears that I have spilled, thank you for the lies
that I have listened to for
all these years..."
*+:。.。 。.。:+*