Chapter 24

🌬️

"We're here already?" Sunghoon questioned. "Yup, we are it kind of changed as well," Ni-ki replied and soon after that, they both sat on the bench.

"I'm sorry..." Sunghoon said and soon after that, he sighed, while in response to that Ni-ki widened his eyes out of surprise. "I know that me leaving without any warning hurt you and that a sorry can't fix anything, but can we at least be friends?" Sunghoon glanced in Ni-ki's direction with a hopeful look while Ni-ki sighed in response, not knowing what to say.

I can't be friends
with you...

"I can't-" Sunghoon interrupted him. "Okay, I can understand that," Sunghoon said as he tried to stand up, but Ni-ki stopped him.

"Hyung, I have so many regrets toward you, and I don't think that the words can even describe it properly..." Ni-ki said while Sunghoon in response widened his eyes probably out of shock. It did take some courage, but Ni-ki did finally say it. "I liked you hyung," Ni-ki confessed. "I liked you, that day when you confessed to me I felt so happy, so grateful that a person like you could even like me..." Ni-ki said while Sunghoon listened to him attentively. "But, I was afraid to lose you because of my parents and the situation did get worse ever since you left..."  Ni-ki added while Sunghoon nodded at him. 

"I didn't know that..." Sunghoon said as he glanced at him. "You were kind of like the final choice that made me leave, I didn't want us to get distant, and as a dumb eighteen-year-old, I didn't think it through..." Sunghoon declared. "I kinda figured that out." Ni-ki chuckled at him. "Now I'm embarrassed," Sunghoon confessed as he glanced down.

As you should be.

Ni-ki chuckled at him once again. "Well, I would be too," Ni-ki replied. "Great, now you're even bullying me." Sunghoon rolled his eyes at him. "Already sick of me?" Ni-ki teased while Sunghoon sighed in response. "Nah, in all honesty, I could never get sick of you, Riki-ah," Sunghoon said as he glanced at him, while Ni-ki swallowed a lump of saliva in response denying that his heart fluttered at Sunghoon's statement.

I feel like I am still a stupid teenager who has feelings for you...

.・゜゜・

"Uh, oh I'm falling in love,
Oh, no I'm falling in love again..."

*+:。.。 。.。:+*

Ni-ki glanced at Sunghoon who was patiently waiting for his response. "Well, maybe it's the same for me too," Ni-ki replied as he smiled at him, though in response to that Sunghoon cleared his throat.

"Oh..." Sunghoon said as he glanced down. "So, are we okay now?" Sunghoon asked. "Or shall I do more of apologizing and all that like in the movies?" Sunghoon added while Ni-ki laughed at him. "We're fine, there is no need for that, Sunoo hyung is already giving you a hard time," Ni-ki said as he smiled at him and Sunghoon did smile back at him. "Thank you, Ni-ki."

This is so selfish of me, but I am still wondering if he likes me...

...

It's too embarrassing
to even ask him that...

...