Chapter 10

🌷

"This is the third time that you have said Sunghoon's name instead of my name..." Jay complained while Ni-ki could hear Sunoo's laughter in the background. "Hyung, you should understand that he's in love," Sunoo said and Ni-ki wanted to become invisible.

He didn't know why they were still on about him romantically liking Sunghoon, they have just become friends, and they are already teasing him about it, it's not like he dreams about Sunghoon the whole night while unconsciously smiling as he woke up...though- that was slightly true, but Ni-ki didn't want to think about that possibility now.

"Okay, we'll stop." Jay laughed out loud while Sunoo smiled at him. "You don't mind being alone, right?" Sunoo asked and Ni-ki knew where this was going. "You are going grocery shopping...?" Ni-ki asked while in response to that Sunoo only nodded. "Yup, you can come with us-"

"Nah, I'll just play games..." Ni-ki muttered and Jay already knew that he refused even though he didn't hear him. "Uh, okay then..." Jay sighed. "I do not want to be the third wheel like always..." Ni-ki rolled his eyes and Sunoo was quick enough to argue about that. "But, you're not!?" Sunoo said out loud. "Yeah, yeah and then I'll become a duck if you two are not going to act all lovey-dovey while I'll watch you two interact, it's rational that Heeseung hyung is not coming here as much as he used to..." Ni-ki huffed while Jay glanced down for a second.

"Wait, Heeseung hyung is not coming here because of...us...?" Sunoo questioned slightly confused, but Ni-ki could see the disappointment in his eyes that Sunoo tried so hard to hide, after all, they weren't friends for nothing. "Forget it, hyung..." Ni-ki sighed.

"When will you two go...?" Ni-ki questioned at what Jay chuckled. "Trying to get rid of us already...?" Jay asked as he walked to the wall hanger to grab his coat. "You going, Sunoo?" Jay asked at what Sunoo only nodded in response, you won't be hot in this though, hyung?" Sunoo asked slightly concerned as he walked towards him and grabbed his denim jacket. "Nope, but thanks for asking." Jay smiled at him while Sunoo chuckled at him.

Here they go again...

Ni-ki rolled his eyes as he watched the two of his friends leave Jay's apartment.

Well, thank God now I can play video games in peace...

Ni-ki smiled to himself as he decided to play games and out of all of the games he decided to play 'Fall guys'.

🌷

A few hours passed and Ni-ki wondered where did his friends disappear.

They are probably out on a date...

Ni-ki thought, slightly joking, but on the other hand, maybe it was true, maybe Sunoo and Jay are secretly dating and too scared to tell him so he doesn't feel like a third wheel, even though he was already feeling like that ever since Heeseung told him about it.

I am overthinking this...

Ni-ki sighed and soon after that, he heard someone knocking on the door.

Who could that be...?

Ni-ki sighed as he stood up, but before that, he did make sure to pause the game.

"Hello-" Ni-ki slightly opened the door and glanced at Sunghoon. "Hey, hyung." He smiled at him and Sunghoon did smile back at him. "Hey, Ni-ki."

"Do you know where Jay is...?" Sunghoon asked as Ni-ki let him inside. "Uh, well he and Sunoo went shopping..." Ni-ki said as he shrugged and soon after that, he closed the door behind him.

"Why didn't you go with them...?" Sunghoon questioned. "Don't want to third wheel, hyung..." Ni-ki sighed as he followed Sunghoon to the living room. "I can tell Jay hyung if you-" Ni-ki was interrupted by Sunghoon. "I don't want to trouble you with that, after all, it's not that important..." Sunghoon shrugged while Ni-ki offered him something to drink or eat, but he declined.

"What's bothering you hyung...?" Ni-ki asked slightly concerned as he sat next to him. "Nothing much..." Sunghoon chuckled. "I just needed some help with some kind of paperwork and well-"

"Why do you-" Ni-ki cleared his throat and soon after that, he heard the doorknob turn. "Ni-ki, we got you some strawberries!?" Sunoo said out loud. "Yah, that was supposed to be a surprise, Sunoo!?" Jay scolded and Ni-ki could hear Sunoo laugh as he rushed to the living room for some odd reason first.

"Here Riki-" Sunoo widened his eyes as he glanced at him while Sunghoon could only smile at him. "Oh, didn't know that you had company," Sunoo said slightly teasing him. "I actually came looking for Jay..." Sunghoon declared while Ni-ki nodded in response. "Yup." Sunoo suspiciously glanced in Ni-ki's direction until he gave him the strawberries. "Here ya go." Sunoo smiled at him and of course that Ni-ki did gladly accept it. "Thanks, hyung." He smiled at him and soon after that Sunghoon stood up. "Can you please show me where Jay is...?" Sunghoon asked and Sunoo nodded at him and just like that they both left, leaving Ni-ki alone.

That was interesting...

...

Why would Sunghoon hyung be bothered by some paperwork...? Is it for the school assignments...?

Ni-ki didn't know, but he did want to, though he did feel like it was not his business.