Chapter 17

"You okay, Ni-ki?" Sunghoon asked and truth to be told, Ni-ki wasn't okay but was he going to let his mood ruin their little dates as Ni-ki would like to call them since it was just the two of them and they did meet up usually and on top of that, it doesn't help that Ni-ki is hopelessly crushing on him. Maybe that was even why he was listening to 'Truth untold'.

.・゜゜・

"You know that I can't
show you me, give you me~"

*+:。.。 。.。:+*

"Yup, I am." Ni-ki smiled at him. "I am always in a good mood when I am with you." He added while Sunghoon bit his lip as he tried his best to suppress a smile, but miserably failed as he smiled at him a visible shade of red on his cheeks, but it wasn't enough visible to Ni-ki though.

"Well, didn't you want to get us ice cream?" Ni-ki asked while Sunghoon frowned at him as he crossed his arms at him. "What?" Ni-ki raised an eyebrow at him. "Why won't you get us some ice cream, you already know which flavor I like and what happened to you calling me hyung?" Ni-ki widened his eyes in response to that and just like that, a wave of embarrassment washed over him.

There is only one way of apologizing to Hoon hyung...

"Fine, hyung I'll get us ice cream and you can wait then." Ni-ki smiled at him while Sunghoon rolled his eyes at him. "And I am sorry, we can go out for a coffee or something later," Ni-ki said as he playfully winked at him making Sunghoon chuckle at him. "Playful aren't we?" Sunghoon asked obviously teasing the younger. "Only for you, it's a deluxe limited edition," Ni-ki said, and just like that he left Sunghoon alone.

How can he just leave me after saying something like that...?

Sunghoon smiled like a fool though, pretty aware that he is falling for Ni-ki even more and that he can't confuse those feelings for platonic ones as he did in the past.

☀️

"Here you go," Ni-ki said with a smile present on his face as he handed Sunghoon a coffee-flavored ice cream, though it was already melting. "Uh, thanks, but it's already melting Riki." Sunghoon scolded while Ni-ki sighed. "I am sorry hyung, but it's hot outside and I needed to walk there for ten minutes and-" Sunghoon chuckled and soon after that he interrupted him. "It's fine, Ni-ki." Sunghoon smiled as he noticed a pout present on Ni-ki's face, but that pout did quickly change into a smile as he licked his ice cream.

He is cute...

Sunghoon thought to himself as he decided to do the same and soon after that, they decided to go to the park which was near so that they could eat their ice creams in peace. "You lead," Sunghoon said while Ni-ki glanced down for a second, and soon after that he obeyed.

He is still mad at me...

Ni-ki thought to himself as he held Sunghoon's hand.

Maybe, he's not...?

Ni-ki was clearly lost in his thoughts while Sunghoon was busy eating his ice cream.

Ni-ki was looking at the children who played with each other and oh, how much would Ni-ki want to go back to that time, but then maybe he would not get a chance to meet Sunghoon.

Ni-ki smiled at him while Sunghoon glanced at him with a smile peeking in. "You look happy." Sunghoon chuckled. "When I am with you I am always happy." Ni-ki let out and soon after that, he widened his eyes in response while Sunghoon smiled at him. "That's cute, thanks Riki," Sunghoon replied while Ni-ki was already blushing like crazy.

That wasn't supposed to
come out of my mouth!?

"Same goes for me." Sunghoon suddenly said while Ni-ki glanced in his direction slightly surprised that he almost missed how his heart fluttered at those words.

Is this how having
a crush feels like...?

Ni-ki glanced down for a second while Sunghoon started talking about a bunch of flowers that his mother would like to have and Ni-ki listened to him, after all, he liked his voice.

☀️

And just like that, the night came, and Ni-ki was already in his bed, thinking about how amazing it was with Sunghoon.

On the other hand, Sunghoon was worried, he wasn't only worried about his feelings, but he planned to confess to Ni-ki at the end of August and August was nearby after all.

Even if he doesn't like me,
he'll still be my friend, right...?

Sunghoon sighed as he got lost in his thoughts and stayed up till one in the morning, he always had trouble sleeping, and this time it did double because of his thoughts, but what was he going to do about it?

Nothing.

He had a bad history of taking medication for his lack of sleep since his father advised him to take some, but it didn't help him that much, that was how he even started exercising.

~

"Him not being able to sleep is not an excuse for oversleeping or not doing something good."

Sunghoon still remembers those words coming out of his father's mouth, maybe he was even the reason for him exercising not only in his free time which is usually afternoon but at night as well when usually people would sleep.

He sighed as he decided to read a book before sleeping.

Maybe, this will
help me sleep easier...

He thought to himself as he grabbed a random book that was sitting on his phone and read it.

🌙

After what seemed like an eternity to him, Sunghoon felt tired as he closed the book, but before that, he placed a bookmark in it, before putting it back on the shelf.

I'll finally sleep...

He smiled as he turned to the other side and just like that fell asleep.