Chapter 7

🌷

🌷

Jake out of all of the people decided to have a picnic with six people and Sunghoon didn't like that idea.

How the heck are seven people going to fit on a blanket that is meant for a one-sized bed...?

Sunghoon sighed, but he did agree to it already, so why should he not go? He would get to see his cousin, Sunoo, Heeseung, Jake, Jungwon, and lastly Ni-ki, he looked forward to it a lot ever since their little moment and maybe Jake did notice how excited he was after all.

"You are way too excited for a person who was complaining about it for an hour or so," Jake commented while Jungwon who would here and there defend him was this time on Jake's side. "Yup, he is acting weird," Jungwon added. "Maybe, he is excited to see Jay...?" Jake questioned and Jungwon facepalmed in response to that.

"Hyung, I do love you and all, but he sees Jay hyung all the time," Jungwon said and soon after that, he sighed while Jake raised an eyebrow at him out of confusion, while Sunghoon was praying to God that Jungwon won't expose him and to his luck, he didn't.

Maybe, just maybe he was way too excited to see Ni-ki and chat with him normally with no awkwardness involved, at least he hoped that it would be like that.

🌷

Ni-ki enjoyed watching those flowers that were slightly wet because of the rain that fell, but Jake decided to have a picnic, and as soon as he heard that Heeseung....and Sunghoon would be there, he was happy to accept the invitation even if his butt would get wet, at least he could talk to Sunghoon.

He just felt the need to do that. Sunghoon was always so nice to him and helped him with everything and he even let him stay at his house without hesitation, so why would not he try being friends with him, right?

Are we even friends...?

Ni-ki chewed on his lower lip as he listened to Sunoo bragging about him winning against Heeseung.

Now, I am nervous...

🌷

"Why do you look so nervous?" Heeseung asked and as he didn't get any response from Ni-ki, he questioned him more. "Is it because of Sunghoon?" Heeseung questioned and Ni-ki widened his eyes in response.

How did he guess that...?

Ni-ki questioned and he could already hear the chuckles at the back that was coming from Sunoo, but those chuckles were not coming out from his mouth because Ni-ki had just gotten exposed, but it was because Jay making weird-looking faces since Sunoo would always feel nauseous in the car and sick.

And soon after that, he could hear Heeseung sigh in response and it did come unnoticed by the two at the back who were by now laughing.

"What is it hyung?" Ni-ki asked. "Nothing, just can't focus on driving and it sucks." He sighed as he pressed the brakes, almost driving through the red lights.

He ain't okay...

"See?" Heeseung chuckled while Ni-ki bit his inner cheek in response. He did not know how to comfort him, because he didn't know the reason why he was like that, maybe it was all clear but to him, it was not.

"Who gave the driving license to you, hyung?" Jay asked jokingly, but Heeseung only frowned in response and the silence remained in the car.

That was until Ni-ki played 'Super Tuna' and Sunoo and Heeseung laughed in sync while Jay only smiled in response.

I feel like a superman now.

Ni-ki smiled out of pride as they were vibing to other songs that were on his playlist.

And then out of a sudden, Heeseung stopped driving and parked.

Ni-ki could not believe the view, it was full of Japanese red camellias, it was beautiful, maybe the long drive was worth it, after all, he didn't even know where he was right now, the only thing that he did know is that the view was beautiful, full of red flowers that painted the grass.

It's stunning.

Ni-ki thought to himself as he smiled at the view in front of him.

Maybe, I am a sucker for good scenery after all...

He thought to himself and soon after that he felt a soft tap on his shoulder soon after that he expected Heeseung to be behind him, but it was Sunghoon. That made him surprised, but he still smiled at him. "Hey, hyung." Sunghoon smiled back at him. "Hey."

"Come on, you two, will go on a friendly walk all of us together," Jake said and Ni-ki nodded in response to that, while Sunghoon glanced down for a second before responding with a small "okay" and that was how the two of them ended up talking the whole way to the actual picnic place.

Ni-ki was quite disappointed with their decision since the view where Heeseung had parked his car was beautiful, but who was he to complain? He got to talk to his new friend and Sunghoon did confirm that a couple of times to Ni-ki and each time Ni-ki felt joy wash over him. It was a weird feeling he must admit, but he liked it.

Though, as soon as they came to their destination, they didn't talk that much, it was not because they felt awkward or their friends interrupted them in doing so, it was simply because of how much food Jake and Jay had made brought, while Heeseung and Sunoo took care of the drinks and that was sorted out by them playing rock, papers, scissors, and Ni-ki and Sunghoon did win in both rounds and Jungwon as well, so the three of them did not have to do anything, though Ni-ki's father did ask him a couple of times where he was going and he even approved of him going here and it was kind of surprising to Ni-ki in the first place, maybe things will sort out at the end and he will be happy.

Who knows?

He doesn't even know as well.

Nobody has to know, as for now the only thing that he wants to last forever is him spending time with his friends, even though Jake and Jungwon were kind of unfamiliar to him, they were Sunghoon's friends, so they could not be bad.

That was at least, what he thought.