Chapter 15

☀️

"I asked my father through texts if he'd let me stay over at yours and he said yes!!!" Ni-ki let out as he smiled like a fool while Sunghoon chuckled at him in response. "That's awesome, I can call Jay-" Ni-ki interrupted. "Can't it be just the two of us?" Ni-ki asked while Sunghoon slightly started panicking.

Uh-

He swallowed a lump of saliva before answering. "Uh, sure..." Sunghoon responded. "Your answer took a while to answer..." Ni-ki said as he glanced down. "I hope that I didn't-" Sunghoon guessed where this could be going and interrupted him without any warning. "It's not that, I just thought that you'd like to see Sunoo or Jay more-" Sunghoon smiled feeling slightly nervous.

"I'd like to see them because they're my friends, but you're my friend as well," Ni-ki muttered as he tightened the grip on Sunghoon's hand. "Oh..." Sunghoon glanced down for a second before he noticed Ni-ki glancing at him and of course that he did the same.

"I think that we should go then..." Sunghoon let out and it did come out awkward while Ni-ki nodded at him. "Yeah, we-" Ni-ki glanced down for a second. "We should, hyung," Ni-ki said as they both walked through Sunghoon's neighborhood, but as soon as they came to Sunghoon's house, Sunghoon let go of his hand and opened the door for him.

☀️

Ni-ki couldn't sleep properly that night, he didn't know if it was because it still wasn't dark enough for him to fall asleep, but Sunghoon (at least to him) was rushing to sleep soon after he finished eating dinner and he did find it suspicious and weird.

We're friends...

...

He would tell me if something
was bothering him, right?

"Maybe, I am overthinking again..." Ni-ki muttered to himself as he decided to play games on his phone out of boredom, that was until he heard somebody knocking on the door of his bedroom. "Come in..." Ni-ki replied and soon after that the door opened revealing Sunghoon behind them, at this point, Ni-ki wasn't even surprised.

"Oh, hey hyung." Ni-ki smiled. "Hey." Sunghoon smiled at him and soon after that, he closed the door behind him. "I just wanted to say sorry..." Sunghoon said and soon after that, he sighed as he walked up to him. Ni-ki raised an eyebrow at him since he was confused.

What would he
feel sorry for?

"But, you didn't do anything wrong..." Ni-ki let out a while Sunghoon glanced down for a second before he locked eyes with Ni-ki. Ni-ki did admit that Sunghoon was beautiful, even when it was ten in the evening and the only light that shined upon them was moonlight, but still- Ni-ki found him beautiful, and maybe just now he came to terms with it, maybe he would let Sunghoon kiss him if he'd ever get a chance-

⛈️

Wait, what the
heck am I thinking!?

Ni-ki widened his eyes in pure shock, he wanted to facepalm himself badly but didn't. He thought that it would come off as awkward once again.

"Ni-ki are you even listening to me...?" Ni-ki could hear Sunghoon say.

Why do I keep on
embarrassing myself...?

He let out a sigh and glanced down. "Sorry, hyung could you repeat what you said?" Ni-ki asked, hoping that Sunghoon wouldn't be mad about it and surprisingly he wasn't.

"It's okay..." Sunghoon chuckled. "I just..." Sunghoon sighed. "I just think, that I let you down at some point when it comes to our friendship and I am sorry..." Sunghoon glanced at him while Ni-ki widened his eyes at him, though soon after that he did choose to remain calm.

"Hyung, that's not true, you are a great friend..." Ni-ki said, trying to somehow assure Sunghoon that he is not in the wrong since Ni-ki did feel sincere about it. "Yeah, sometimes I get surprised by your jokes, you can be clumsy, and hide your feelings well...but I accepted that and I do like that about you, even though your friends tease you about it," Ni-ki declared. "I like you just the way you are and if I would not like something about you or something that you've done, I would let you know, so no worries about it," Ni-ki said clearly teasing him, while Sunghoon sighed in response.

"Now I feel even more guilty..." Sunghoon let out as he finally decided to sit on Ni-ki's bed. "But, why?" Ni-ki immediately replied. "I don't know..." Sunghoon said as he glanced down. "I just do..." He added, Ni-ki did feel bad about it because he didn't know how to help him and Sunghoon wasn't much of a help, since he didn't tell him what was bothering him exactly, but Ni-ki knew that, Sunghoon knew what was bothering him, he had a feeling, though that feeling could be wrong as well.

"I am here for you, you know that right, hyung?" Ni-ki smiled at him as Sunghoon glanced at him. "I know, thanks, Riki..." Sunghoon replied with a smile present on his face. "For what hyung?" Ni-ki questioned. "For simply being here," Sunghoon replied while Ni-ki felt his cheeks flush at that. "I just feel that I am distancing myself from you more and more because of our friends teasing us..." Sunghoon said. "It's kind of embarrassing to admit that." He added while Ni-ki smiled at him. "That's fine, I felt like that last month too." Ni-ki chuckled at him while Sunghoon came to a realization. "Oh, so that's why you were acting strange..." Sunghoon let out a while Ni-ki laughed at him in response. "Yeah, I find it quite embarrassing..." Ni-ki replied as he glanced down and soon after that he crossed his arms. "Just imagine, us being together, holding hands-" Ni-ki stopped speaking. "That'd be weird..." Ni-ki chuckled while Sunghoon laughed in response. "Yup, pretty weird if you'd ask me."

"Is that truly-" Ni-ki wanted to ask more since he felt slightly heartbroken by Sunghoon agreeing with it, but what could he do? He couldn't just go back in time and change it all, that was an impossible thing to do after all.

"What did you want to ask?" Sunghoon questioned. "Oh, it's nothing important hyung..." Ni-ki dryly chuckled at him, while Sunghoon glanced in his direction. "You do know that-" Ni-ki interrupted him. "It's nothing important hyung, I'm kind of tired too..." Ni-ki replied while Sunghoon only nodded in response to that, not wanting to pressure him in any way. "Okay, good night Riki." Sunghoon smiled at him as he tapped his shoulder which did make Ni-ki blush in response. "Good night, hyung..." Ni-ki said and just like that, Sunghoon left leaving Ni-ki alone with his thoughts...

Ni-ki didn't want to think about his feelings, but he did.

Why the heck did I even mention us being together, that's weird...

Ni-ki bit his lower lip as he decided to lie in his bed.

But, why am I lying to
myself as well?

Ni-ki closed his eyes, but a tear did escape his eye as he turned to the other side.

.・゜゜・

"Uh, oh I'm falling in love..."

*+:。.。 。.。:+*