1. Late

Fyi: Everything to the dates and events are mostly made up for story plot

POV: Jin, BTS

Time: 23:59

"QUICKLY GET OUT! RUN!!!" I yell behind myself in desperation.

I dash for my life, stumbling over debris and nearly falling over a zombie corpse. I spot someone crash through a window just in front of me, shattering it into a million pieces and showering me with shards. I don't stop to see who it is. I don't even stop to help as zombies start spilling out the same window, reaching out at the persons' legs. I keep on running, hearing deafening screams behind me as members of my team fall victim to the horde of zombies.

I run.

We're so close. Too close. It's now or never.

Many months before...

My sense of sleepiness disappears instantly as I stare at my phone in horror: it's 10 o'clock.

I'm late.

I roll out of bed, crash landing on the floor as a human blanket burrito. I grunt as I rip off the blanket and sprint as fast as I can to the bathroom to get ready. I desperately look around for a brush but when I find none, I start to multi-task between both mouth washing and combing my hair with my hand until I think my hair is pretty presentable.

I spit out the mouthwash and rack my closet for any casual wear I can use. I decide on a jeans and RJ t-shirt combo and grab my hotel key card and exit the hotel room as fast as I can to the nearest elevator.

I repeatedly press the button for the elevator. The green light on the button turns on, but for a few seconds it seems like nothing happens.

Why is this damn thing taking so long!

The elevator number goes up slowly, taking breaks on literally every floor but mine. So, I ditch it and turn toward the stairs instead and take the full 7 flights. I literally pant like an animal once I reach the bottom, but there's no time to rest; I dart out the hotel just in time for the bus.

The bus comes to a stop and I wait until the other passengers exit before I enter. I dig into my jacket pocket to reach for my wallet.

But I've completely forgotten it. 

I check my opposite pocket just to make sure. Sure enough, I find nothing but my cell phone and some old tissues. Despite not having my wallet on me, I decide to just wait in line anyway and do the literal last resort option for now, which would be to ask around for people to pay. I sigh. It's a horrible option, but I can't think of a better one.

Once I get to the front of the line, a question suddenly gets directed to me.

"Excuse me? Are you Mr. Kim Seokjin?"

I whizz around to find the speaker. It's the young male bus driver. Does he recognise me from BTS?

"Yes, I am... May I help you sir?" I answer.

"Oh... Uh... My girlfriend's a huge fan of yours... do you mind if I can get an autograph?" He requests.

"Uh..." I don't want to keep the people behind me waiting long so...

"Sure, let's make it quick so nobody gets held up." I answer.

He smiles and takes a sheet from the receipt dispenser and a pen from his pocket. I take them quickly and scribble my signature. I check the time on my watch and it's 10:15. I only have a matter of minutes to get there. He gestures to me that I'm free to go on the bus after I hand back the paper.

I find a seat at the very back and plop myself down, continuously looking at the time. The bus roars up and starts moving not long after all the passengers are seated. I start to relax and take in a deep breath. I'll make it in time for the show.

Out of the blue, I feel a vibration in my pocket.

I unlock my phone and see that I have a message, so I open it up.

It's a message from Jungkook: Hyung, did you steal the banana milk?

I internally laugh as I text back: Dummy, I'm all the way in Yeouido -Dong, how am I possibly able to steal it? Did you forget I'm still Emcee?

Wah, that kid gets on my nerves. I wait for a reply only to find out he leaves me on read. I let out a frustrated sigh.

Only when I look up do I realise I've reached my destination. I press the bus stop button and the bus comes to a halt. I thank the driver and run off to the building as fast as I can. I take a left, two rights and hop up 3 flights of stairs until I reach the entrance to backstage. Heart pounding, I burst through the curtains.

"It's about time."

Context from the story maker: This story is set around the time when Jin was MC at Music Bank. However, some groups in this story weren't there yet during this time, but we'll just pretend they are, right? :3

Edit from the story maker: This was my first chapter I ever made on this, and I'm disgusted on how bad and short it is. Please just bear with me... The chapters improve noticeably as you go on. The first two chapters are more of filler chapters, but I promise you, once you get through the early chapters, everything becomes much more exciting.

Also, in the more later chapters, you may find out that I space my writing out a bit more, but that's for suspense, so it's not as daunting to read.