34. In Your Arms

Time: 13:18

POV: Jin - BTS

Soobin exits first, leading the way.

Leading the way to the big cell.
For our rescue mission.
And to kill that monster.

...

"Follow me. Stay close, also, we'll have to take a different route back this time, we can't be spotted before we get to them." Soobin says, ushering us out of the room, checking our surroundings.

He takes us into spaces between buildings, shifting our way through the passages, trying to be as silent yet as quick as possible. Everyone's highly alert, and even the sound of a pebble rolling across the floor is enough to make all our hearts skip a beat.

It only takes a couple of minutes until Soobin finally stops, halting us behind a building.

He puts his hands to his lips, signalling us to be quiet, and looks over to a flight of stairs leading up the building next to us.
That should be the cell room.

Wonwoo takes both of his pistols out, and I decide to do the same, gripping my pistol in my hand firmly.

"That's the room, right?" Wonwoo whispers to Soobin.

Soobin nods his head.

"I'll go first, who wants to go behind me?" Wonwoo asks.

"I'll be." I say.

He nods his head at me.

"Seokjin, I'll be right behind you." Ryujin says, patting me on the shoulder.

"Let's go, then. Be careful." Bang Chan says, waving at us to continue.

I follow Wonwoo as he dashes towards the stairs, escalating up each step so quietly that I can't even hear him.

We reach the door, and Wonwoo takes a big breath in, readying himself.

"Get ready." He says, pointing up his weapons.

We're going in. Don't mess up. Just this once.

He flips the light switch and kicks down the door, sending it flying inwards. With no more time to waste, he enters inside, me just behind him.

"WHAT THE FU-"

"How?"

"Oh, holy sh-"

Multiple voices, screams and shouts of panic erupt from the inside, soon drowned out from Wonwoo, as he fires a cascade of bullets towards the gang members, them dropping down one after another.

Soobin slinks off to the side, making sure not to get hit in the crossfire.

Soon enough, returning bullets are shot at us, some missing me by mere inches.

But then, I hear a pained yelp from Wonwoo, and his legs give way in pain. He drops one of his guns, and it skids away across the floor, as he falls to the ground.

"Wonwoo!" Bang Chan shouts, pulling him backwards, trying to get him outside the room, out of harms way.

"I'm taking him outside!" He shouts, grunting as he drags Wonwoo with all his might, struggling because of Wonwoo's tall build.

I crouch in front of Wonwoo, providing a little bit of cover. I spot three more gang members, but I can't find the leader. He could be anywhere in the room.

One of them hurls a crowbar in my direction, but misses, and it bounces off the wall, just next to me.

Bangchan finally manages to make it to the door and slams it shut, protecting himself and Wonwoo, but also making the room a lot darker.