4. Time To Go

POV: Jin-BTS

Time 15:45

No, I'm not waiting until tomorrow. I need to leave, and it has to be now. I'm scared to death and the members probably are too. I need to take a bus from here to Yongsan. It shouldn't be too long: it's also a part of Seoul. However, ... The only bridge across the Han River is at Gangnam-Gu. If I can't get across the river, I can't get to the HQ - to the members.

I let out a huge sigh.

This is going to be a longer journey than I want it to be; instead of a simple 10-minute journey, this is going to take me hours.

I stand up, put on a thick black cushioned jacket, trainers, a hat and a mask and go around the hotel room, throwing all my belongings into my suitcase. I use my foot to stuff everything inside, it looks like a crumpled heap dumpling made of trainers, shirts and trousers. I grunt as I repeatedly kick everything into my suitcase and close it up. I take one last look around my hotel room and head to checkout.

I go down the hallway, strong fumes of disinfectant loom around the place.

Are they cleaning because of the Busan Infection? But we're all the way on the other side of South Korea?

I shake my head as the doors to the elevator open up, with a small ping sound effect. I walk into the elevator as I click the button for the ground floor. The doors close in front of me, and the elevator begins its' descent. To kill time, I take out my phone and text Jungkook again, hoping for a reply:

Jungkook, ah? Is everything alright? I'm heading over to the HQ now. I'll go to the Han River bridge at Gangnam-Gu. It'll take me a few hours to get there. Are all the members safe?

I hear a buzz and my shoulders relax as I get a reply:

Hyung, we're all OK, but we're worried about you. Just try get here as fast as you can, OK?

Hearing about the safety of all the members, I hug my phone in relief and take in a huge breath.

The doors open on the ground floor. I go to the quick checkout box and place my key card in there, exiting the building as soon as possible. I run over to the bus stop and barely catch the bus. I pay for a bus ticket to Gangnam-Gu and find a seat on the top deck of the bus.

I fasten my seatbelt as I place my suitcase next to me. I don't think anyone will mind - the bus is practically empty anyway. I relax and take out my phone to message Jungkook:

I'm on the bus now. Tell the members I'll be there in a few hours, so they don't worry.

Jungkook replies instantly:

Ok, Hyung. We're all glad that you're safe.

I chuckle. This is going to be a long journey. I lean back and decide to try and doze off. I'm tired from everything. To the interviews, to the goodbye, to the infection. Today was not an easy day at all.

And with that, I doze off into a little nap. A dreamless, cosy nap.

1 hour later...

I wake up to an announcement on the intercom.

We've arrived.

I yawn as I get off the bus, still half asleep. I look around. The clouds are a dark grey colour. The evening is creeping. I take one of the free maps from the bus station and check it for the nearest train station. I find one that's 15 minutes away. I decide to head there.

I'm surprised to see lots of different buildings around me as I'm walking: Colourful Salons, a jewel store that's just closing now, lots of shops, open pubs, a fish and chips store and a burger store which are both open. I'm hungry, so I decide that I'll just grab something from the fish and chips store. I go inside and order one medium chips as an on-the-go snack. The food comes surprisingly quick, so I thank the workers and leave. I hold the chips as the smell comes to my nose. It smells even better since I'm practically starving to death right now.

I walk and eat the chips at the same time. It satisfies my hunger. I stare at the map one last time just to make sure that I'm going the right way. I need to take a left and continue down the road until I see the train station.

I prepare to cross the road as I look both ways before crossing.

It's weird crossing the road. There are no cars anywhere.

Suddenly, a blinding light comes across the corner, the deafening screeching of tyres echo through my ears as I cover them, in pain. The chips fall and scatter at my feet. The lights grow brighter. The ring in my ears gives me a headache so bad I can't even scream out. I open my eyes to see.

I freeze in utter shock.

It's a car. Heading straight for me.