12. An Eye for an Eye, a Life for a Life.

POV: Jin-BTS

Time: 6:00

"There's too many... Way too many" Yeji splutters.

The gate showed the zombies. About 20 zombies were there, being held back desperately by a puny group of survivors with table legs as weapons. I stare at it in horror. Jisoo and Rose were working side by side to keep the zombies away from them and the survivors, whacking them with metal sports bats. I run over to the gate and hop over it, running over to the fight, kicking away a zombie that had latched its hands on Rose's arm.

"HURRY!! GET OVER THE FENCE!!!" I shout behind me, as Jungkook starts helping Yeji up.

I turn towards the unknown group of survivors, they're only young, probably in their early 20s. This just gives me a bigger reason to save them.

Yeji gets over the fence, and so does Hyunjin. They both start aiding the survivors. I run over to Blackpink. Jisoo and Rose are doing what they can, making sure each other don't get bitten. We continuously beat away the zombies, sweat dripping down our head and chin.

Jungkook finally gets everyone over the fence. I hear multiple shouts and grunts during the fight as more of the team advance in on the zombies. The zombies' growls are so loud, it sounds like a jet is about to take off.

"HYUNG! I'M GOING TO UNLOCK IT! MAKE SURE THAT EVERYONE GETS IN, OK?" Jungkook shouts over.

"OK! TEAM! WE'RE GOING TO UNLOCK THE GATE AND I-"

I get cut off; a zombie rams me to the floor.

"NOOO!" Chaeyoung screams, trying to pull the zombie off by the shoulders.

I hold it by its neck, keeping the teeth away from my face, blood drips spraying me in the face as the zombie bleeds out from its neck. A chunk of neck is clearly missing.

Wait...

I look at the zombie's face. I cry as I realise who it is. His blonde hair... his innocent face turned into a distorted, fleshly mess stained with blood.

"FELIX! I'M SORRY! I'M SORRY I COULDN'T KEEP YOUR PROMISE! I KNOW, I'M A BAD PERSON!!! I'M SORRY!!!" I cry, recalling the promise I had made while he was still alive.

Tears well in my eyes, it mixes with the blood on my face from Felix's neck. My grip slowly loosens. My arms get tired as the zombie slowly edges closer to my face, Chaeyoung trying her best to keep the zombie away.

Suddenly the gate opens. Jungkook screams at the people to get inside before rushing towards me, kicking the zombie Felix, trying to get it off me. But he won't budge.

"Forgive me." I say to Felix.

I use the last of my strength to push the zombie to the side, away from me. I use the opportunity to get up, get Chaeyoung and the last of the unknown survivors through the gate until only Rose, Jisoo, me and Jungkook are on the other side of the gate.

"GET BACK IN!!!" I scream.

Rose, Jisoo and Jungkook barely make it through the gate before the zombies ram the gate with full force.

I breathe heavily as I hold the gate closed, against the zombies. Jungkook quickly locks it.

Everyone takes huge sighs of relief. We're safe.

For now.

"Let's g- get back to th- the building." I pant.

Everyone nods and we guide the survivors inside.

I decide to introduce myself to the newcomers, to make them more comfortable with their surroundings.

"Hello, my name is Kim Seokjin, what's yours?" I ask.

"Oh. Hi, my name is Jeon Wonwoo. Just call me Wonwoo." A guy with glasses answers.

"Uhm. My name's Vernon... yeah. We really have to thank you guys, there's no way we would have survived that horde if you didn't come to help." Says a young man with a slight western accent.

"Oh, that? What we just did was the least we could-"

"UNNIE? WHAT'S HAPPENING?!? ARE YOU OK?" Rose screams in the distance.

I turn around. Jisoo is writhing on the floor, screaming her lungs out. Rose is crying for help or someone to help her.

I rush over to them.

"WHAT HAPPENED??? JISOO ARE-"

I gulp at what I see.

I spot a wound on her arm. It's small, only a graze from teeth, but it's there.

"Rose... there's nothing we can do." I say.

"NO! THERE'S SOMETHING WE CAN DO! UNNIE!!! WHAT DO YOU NEED? WHAT-"

"ROSE, LISTEN TO ME!" I yell, attracting the attention of Nayeon and Han who decide to come over.

Rose stops talking to look at me. Tears still run down her face as they glisten in the rising sunlight.

Mere seconds later, Jisoo's screams turn hollow as she lies there, a pool of red and black blood gushing out of her arm and mouth.

"Unnie... Guys, do something! Please..." Rose begs, staring at Jisoo.

I hear stifled sobs behind me. Nayeon starts to cry as Rose falls to her knees, letting out a huge sob.

"Rose... It's not safe..." I mumble to her, pulling her towards me as Jisoo starts to lose consciousness.

"No... we... we have to do something... she's still in there... She'll survive..." Rose whispers to me through sobs.

"Uh... Seokjin... We should go. There isn't enough of us to hold back the zombie when she turns." Han says.

"We need to kill her before she turns. There's no other choice. That way, she can't come back as a zombie." I reply.

"What?!? No! We can't just kill Jisoo in front of her! She'll break!" Nayeon whisper shouts to us, being careful to not let Rose overhear.

"It's the only way." I say, picking up a discarded metal bat.

Nayeon and Han say nothing else. They watch me solemnly as I walk over to the writing Jisoo, metal bat in hand.

"Seokjin... What are you- NOO! UNNIE!!!" Rose shouts as I raise the bat high, ready to strike.

Han holds Rose back as I bring the bat down with full force.

I look at Jisoo as the bat comes down. Her tearful face stuns me. Her skin is only just beginning to lose its colour and her eyes are filled with dying light.

However, I see slivers of a fighting chance in her.

So, I bail at the last second, striking her shoulder instead. I hear a crunch as it shatters.

Jisoo screams and loses consciousness from the pain.

Maybe Rose was right. Maybe she's still in there. I suddenly feel a wave of severe regret.

How much more pain have I inflicted on her?

"Seokjin? What are you doing?" Nayeon asks, seeing me hesitate to kill her.

I breathe heavily and drop the bat.

"No. Rose's right." I say.

"What do you mean?" Han says while holding a crying Rose.

"She has a chance. I can see it."