24. A Sacrifice

POV: Jin-BTS

Time: 15:02

"3"

"2"

"1"

"Start."

"Hyunjin is target!"

A split-second rush of adrenaline pumps into my body, making my spine twitch and making me let out an involuntary intake of air.

Thoughts rush through my brain.

What do I do?

Where will Hyunjin be?

Where's the wall?

If I don't get to him in time... I'll die.

Shoot.

I've wasted a couple of seconds already.

I spend no more time thinking and instead rush into action. I put my hands out in front of me waving them about while I take cautious steps around the place. I walk around a bit until my hand touches a hard, stone-cold surface.

I've located the wall.

Nice.

I place both of my hands on the wall, trying to do something, ANYTHING.

I have literally no idea what to do. I just stand there, touching the wall for a few seconds while taking a mental note of it's location.

After taking the note, I take a few steps away, estimating where I am in the room.

I can only hear shuffling of feet and heavy breathing. My heart is pumping so hard it makes my shirt bobble.

I stop moving backwards and decide to move to the right. I take a big step to the right.

That was good timing; a whish of wind brushes past me - someone else running past, us nearly colliding.

I need to be careful; I could seriously hurt myself.

I listen around.

Most of the feet shuffling is on my right. That means that most people were placed away from the wall. That could also mean that Hyunjin is to my right.

I cautiously shuffle my foot to the right, an inch at a time.

Very small, safe, tiny baby steps.

Sometime after, (actually, quite long after), my shoulder bumps into another thing. It's also stone-cold. I feel my hands around it. It's a surface.

It's the other side of the room - the other wall.

So, that means that I've found out about how much width there is to the room, no all I need to do is move forwards and back a few times until I hopefully tag Hyunjin.

I start to move forward, using the wall to guide me.

But I also notice that the amount of shuffling in the room has greatly decreased.

Have that many people already found out where Hyunjin is?

That means I need to hurry up.