25. Emotions

POV: Jin-BTS

Time: 16:06

The gang members pull on the gate, and out come a horde of zombies, all hungry for meat.

All of them charge out of the cage and into the basketball courts, heading straight for Momo and Vernon.

"NOOOOOO!" Wonwoo yells, pressing himself up to the window, banging on it in rage.

...

The little figure of Vernon seems to take Momo's hand and they run away, Vernon pulling Momo behind him.

Everyone goes forwards, towards the window to watch everything unfold. It pains me, looking at our friends being executed in such an inhumanely way. My eyes tear up as I hear Wonwoo start to cry next to me. Joshua stands behind him, his face as stone cold as before, the only difference being that his eyes look redder than I remember. Ni-ki's next to Joshua, awfully quiet and keeping his face in the shadows.

"No... No.. Please... Momo, hang on... Please..... Please...."

I hear whispering on the right of me. It's Nayeon, she's biting her lip and she's whispering and sobbing at the same time. She's curled up in a ball and rocking back and forth nervously as the crying members of Twice hug her. She repeats her words over and over and over again, her face just leaking purely tears.

I face back towards the courts, Vernon and Momo are still running frantically around the courts, desperately fleeing for their lives. They stay towards the outer edges of the cage. Vernon makes sure that he leads them both to the safest spot.

However, it isn't long until they're pinned into the corner, completely surrounded by zombies closing in on them.

The gang members clap, the leader cheers and Wonwoo thrusts his hand against the window so hard it starts to creek at the hinges.

"NOOOOOO!" He screams, his voice hoarse. It's filled with pain and complete sorrow.

...

My heart beats faster as the zombies advance on Momo and Vernon, some being knocked down as Vernon tries his best to keep them away from Momo in the corner. He fully commits to protecting her as his last stand; he stands in front of her, wrestles and kicks the zombie away, even after one latches on to his arm. He still carries on protecting Momo as much as he can as the zombie rips his arm clean off from his elbow down, exposing his bone ligament and his bare muscle.

Wonwoo screams at the sight, bowing his head down, unable to watch any more. Joshua and Ni-ki look murderous.

Multiple gags and gasps of terror are heard in the room.

However, even through all of this, the gang leader just laughs manically.

Many people turn away as more zombies latch onto Vernon as he tries his best to fend them off, but it's no use. He falls backwards and the monsters rip him to shreds.

I see his face. A once innocent, western-featured face turned into a petrified, bloody mess.

His face goes emotionless.

He slumps down against the floor and his movements subside.

Then he stops moving.

His body disappears under the wave of zombies as they feast on his corpse, a pool of blood forming under them.

I break down in tears and cover my face with my hands. I can't watch any more of this.