28. Explain (2)

This is a transcribe of Soobin's explanation into a few chapters, because I don't feel like making a huge speech bubble into a single chapter. So, this'll be from Soobin's POV and what he's trying to explain. It's going to be broken into a few parts, and they'll all be his explanation.

Also, I want to thank everyone for how much support this story has been given, especially it being my first ever.

Anyways, on with the story we go!!!

POV: Choi Soobin - TXT

"I need to explain. I need to explain what happened that day. And why I'm not dead."

Seokjin perks up. He looks at me, intrigued.

"Ah, yes. I do want you to explain, but we should get everyone together first, don't you think? They'd want to know as well."

I'm slightly taken aback. I wanted to have a private one-on-one with him for now, I don't think I'm confident enough right now to tell everyone.

"No, Seokjin. Please hold on. I want to tell it to you first. And only you. Alone." I say, in a rushed whisper.

He looks into my eyes, his face soft and full of compassion.

He places one of his bandaged hands on my arm, gripping it gently.

He speaks to me in a reassuring tone.

"Sure, it's OK. Don't worry. You can tell me. I promise you I won't tell a soul."

I smile at him. I'm grateful for his thoughtfulness. I hadn't realised that before, because I'd only met him briefly. But the more I talk to him, the more time I spend with him, I see just how much he is willing to sacrifice for all of us.

He even nearly lost his life trying to help me.

I reach my hand to his and hold it gently.

I look at his handsome, scratched up face. He smiles at me, which spreads through my veins.

This guy never misses a chance to make others happy. Even when we're all in this hell of a situation.

"Soobin, I'll make sure to be there for you, always. I promise that I'll be there for you, and everyone else. I'm your hyung." He says, letting out a small chuckle.

"You will keep this promise? Right? You'll be there, not just for me, but for everyone, right?" I say, my face lighting up.

"I promise."

He gives my hand a squeeze.

"And, you don't have to tell me the explanation if it makes you uncomfortable." He adds.

"No, it's OK. I want to tell you, it'll clear things up." I tell him.

"When you're ready, then." He says, sitting back.

I take a deep breath in, and start my explanation.

"So, when you were resting..."

Soobin's Story

2 Days ago...

Context: This is the time after Jin passed out (chapter names- Regret + Crushed); Jimin had decided to go back outside in the van again in search for food, because he felt bad that they had brought back none after their trip.

He brings the rest of BTS and TXT with him. And Soobin is explaining what happened, because when the van came back into the car park, there were zombies and then the people in the mall had to evacuate. Jin thinks that Soobin was dead because he saw the van being crushed by zombies.