33. Revengeful Rescue

POV: Jin-BTS

Time: 12:34

Sometimes I can't wrap my head around things. Like when Yoongi would always put a cap on inside, even if it wasn't sunny nor bright at all. Or like how Jungkook would always get me to buy him some food from the store, and promise to pay me back, but never ever did.

Sometimes I don't even understand myself.
Like how I've magically got so much medical knowledge despite never attending medical school in my life.

But, out of all of these. I don't understand this one the most.
I don't understand what's sitting right in front of me.

I don't understand you, Soobin. I don't.
I don't understand how you survived out there. Alone. With nobody to keep you company. And with a heavy weight on your shoulders too, attempting to take care of Yoongi.

"Seokjin, there's still one more thing, though." He tells me, breaking me out of my array of thoughts.

I look at him. And I notice something.

His hands. They've started shaking.

And his face too. His bottom lip is trembling.

"What? What is it? What do you want to tell me? Are you ok?" I say, reaching forward to pat him on the shoulder.

I've got so many thoughts right now, so many questions to ask him, but I shunt them aside, because he won't stop shaking. Something is evidently troubling him. If his past events that he's already told me hasn't shaken him up, how bad could this be, that he's shaking?

He takes a few moments to regain himself, trying to stop his lips from moving so that he can explain.

"Seokjin. When did you first arrive here? At- at the school, I mean." He asks, brushing hair out of his eyes, which are lined with dried tears and grime.

Hours here have felt like days, and days have felt like years. But, the last time I remember before being here was the day when Chaeyoung died.

She died two days ago. I still remember it vividly. She died because of me.

"Two days, Soobin. I think it was two days."

He nods his head, but his eyes remain glued to the floor.

"And how many days has it been since this apocalypse started?"

I can barely remember. It like time just slowed down, and the days following were just filled with death, grime and loss.

And a broken promise. Like the promise I made to Felix.

It was a promise I made about a week ago. Before he died, and became one of those things.

It's been about a week into this hellhole of an apocalypse. I wish I could turn back time, to where we all still lived normally, and everyone was still alive. Not some deserted shell of a country ridden with... in-human monsters.

"Soobin, I think it was a week. I can't remember for certain, but it was about a week."

"And how long can a human survive without food and water for?"

"I think it was four or five days without water, but that depends on the person."

He takes a long pause. A solemn, long pause.

A tear falls out of his eye.

"Seokjin. I think these thugs came here about a week ago too."

"How?"

"You're not the first people locked up here. I bet you know that already. But, do you know who the first people locked up here were?"