11. A Desperate Cry

POV: Jin-BTS

Time: 5:30

"Uhm... Hi! We'll do that... Thanks." I say to the 3 members of Blackpink (Rose was guarding the gate) and the members of TXT.

Jungkook smiles and leads us to a room near the back of the mall which was protected by a scrap metal double door with a bicycle lock. The same type which was on the gate outside. He opens it and leads us inside.

It's a room with multiple mattresses, some with blankets, some without.

"You guys can pick out your things from the store over there" Jungkook says as he points to a furniture and home appliances store.

"Thanks, Kookie" I say as I start to run over to the store. The others follow me. Nayeon catches up to me and says,

"No running for you, mister. Your wounds still haven't fully healed yet, take it easy."

I sigh and start to walk.

Jihyo gets supported by Ryujin as Ryujin acts as a support for her broken ankle and Dahyun helps Mina walk over to the store, Tzuyu, Sana, Momo and Chaeyoung watching over their unnie intently.

Chaeryeong and Yeji start talking to each other while Han and Hyunjin do the same.

We make it into the store. There's a fair array of bed accessories everywhere. Twice and Itzy go over to the animal design section while me and the rest of StrayKids check out what else is around the store.

I snag a few bedside lamps for us as there's no lights in the bedroom and I chose a standard white pillow and duvet mix for my bed. I glance over at the others, I internally laugh as I see that Han picked up a towel, mistaking it for a blanket. I also see that there's a little bit of our merch discarded here too: a little Chimmy keychain on the floor. I pick it up, a wave of nostalgia hitting me as I remember our idol days as a group, all zombie free, all at peace.

"Sunbae, we're going back to the room now, do you need any help while walking?" A shy voice asks.

I look up, startled by the sudden question. Tzuyu looks at me intently.

"Oh... Yes please. I- I mean, you don't have to help if you don't want to..." I say.

She nods timidly. She helps support me by holding my arm up. But by her face I can tell that she still isn't fully comfortable with everyone, so I decide to start up a conversation while we're walking.

"Uhm... so... Tzuyu, is everything ok? Are you dealing with everyone ok? How about your unnies?" I ask.

"...Uhh... They're fine." She whispers.

"Mhm. And what about you?" I say in a lively tone.

"Good." She says, letting out a nervous chuckle.

As long as she talked to someone. I feel better now.

I wave at Jungkook as we near the room. Tzuyu lets go of my arm as I go inside and place my duvet and pillows on a vacant mattress near the door. Then, I go over to Jungkook who is standing outside the door and ask,

"Kookie, where are the other members?" I ask.

"Oh, hyung, they're outside, scouting for more survivors. They should be back soon." Jungkook answers.

"Mhm... Oh! Also, how'd you find us? The last thing I remember was blacking out with zombies running at us." I say.

"Well... I was also on a scouting mission, just like what the other members are doing right now. I heard a gunshot and I decided to go over to where I thought it was. Then I found you guys. I opened the back of my van and you guys either got in or got carried in by others. I was lucky, any later and you guys would've been zombies." Jungkook explains.

"Woah... I really have to thank you for that, Kookie. We wouldn't have been alive if it weren't for you." I say, thanking Jungkook.

"Anything for my hyung~~~" Jungkook says in a cute voice.

"Hey! Stop that! I'm trying to sincerely thank you and now you're trying to play jokes!" I shout at him.

He starts to laugh. So do I. If only the other members were here, we would've been able to have a good laugh. I sure do miss those kids. I hope they get back soon.

"Jungkook! Jungkook! There's something you might want to see!" A girl screams.

We turn around. It's Jisoo. She's standing by the door.

The team inside the bedroom stop suddenly once they heard her yell. Hyunjin rushed out to see what was going on.

Hyunjin and Jungkook rush over to Jisoo and ask her what's wrong. She tells them that there's a group of people outside, none of them know who they are but they can't let them in because they're fighting with a group of zombies. She also says that Rose had rushed out to help as well but more and more zombies kept coming so she needed backup.

"Ok, uhm... hyung, ask some of your team to help fight, we're bringing in some new guests." Jungkook says.

"Alright!" I say, bursting into the room.

"I need some fighters. Anyone up?"

Yeji, Hyunjin, Chaeyoung, Nayeon, Bang Chan, Han and Ryujin all agree to come.

"Ok... let's go."

"Seokjin... you're wounded... you shouldn't go..." Ryujin says.

"You're a hypocrite, Ryujin, you know that? Plus, I'm not a baby, I'm fine." I say.

Ryujin looks taken aback, "Well... If you say that... but-"

"HYUNG!!! NOW!! WE NEED TO GO!!!" Jungkook shouts from across the mall.

Upon hearing the cry, me and the fighters team rush out of the bedroom and dart across the mall, following Jungkook outside. Looking around, my heart skips a beat.

"There's too many... Way too many..." Yeji splutters in fear.