13. A Second Chance

POV: Jin-BTS

Time: 7:00

"She has a chance. I can see it."

Without saying another word, I pick up the unconscious Jisoo from the ground and sprint all the way to the bedroom, running past Lisa and Jennie who both shouts,

"What happened? Is Jisoo unnie ok?"

I don't reply and burst through the bedroom doors. Everyone in the room turns to look at me. I lay her down on the nearest mattress and feel her forehead.

She's cold but not freezing. She has a chance. She really does.

"GET ME WHATEVER YOU CAN, BANDAGES, PLASTERS, SCISSORS, HAND SANITIZER" I scream, Hyunjin running out the door to find the nearest convenience store.

Dahyun hands me some scissors, bandages and some tape.

I look at Jisoo, guilt running down my spine.

I cut her shirt, near the shoulder area. I rip it open to see a horrible sight: her bone is fully dislodged from its place and the area starts to swell like a balloon.

Hyunjin bursts through the doors, bottles of sanitizer in hand. He gags once he sees the extent of Jisoo's injury.

I cut off the arm piece of her shirt, revealing the bite. I hear collective gasps from everyone in the room.

"Hyunjin, go to the other members of Blackpink and make sure they do not enter this room." I say.

Hyunjin puts the bottles down and stands guard near the door.

I cut a long thin line of bandage and wrap it over the bite, stemming the flow of black blood in her veins. I make an incision around the bite. People gag and turn away as black blood spews out of her arm.

Bang Chan runs over and grabs a bottle of disinfectant. He then kneels beside me, and I use a nearby blanket to wipe away the excess black blood while he pours disinfectant.

I feel Jisoo's head. It's returning back to normal temperature. I'm relieved that she didn't have to feel any of this.

Then, I turn to her shoulder, the swelling has gone up by a lot.

That is not good.

I turn to Bang Chan and tell him that we have to put her shoulder back in place. He agrees and feels her shoulder, pinpointing where the bone is. He then grabs her arm and I hold her shoulder, ready to guide it to the right spot. We grunt as we try to manoeuvre her arm to the right place. Bang Chan furrows his brow in concentration.

A clear crunch is heard.

Her shoulder is back in.

Everyone sighs in relief. I slump back and Bang Chan's face relaxes.

"Uhm... whose blanket was this? It's got some white dragons on it..." I say, holding up the bloody blanket.

"Mine." Yeji says.

"Interesting choice of blanket. And sorry about it..." I say, a hint of pity in my words.

"It's ok. I'll just get a new one." Yeji says.

I chuckle and throw the blanket on the floor. I look at Jisoo. Her face is at peace. She is no longer in discomfort.

I look around the room at everyone. They all look like they're about to throw up.

I smile awkwardly.

Momo throws up in the bin.

"Hyunjin! You can let them in now!" I call.

The door opens, three girls come in, all tired from crying and eyes so red and puffy you'd think they went a week without sleeping.

Rose freezes once she sees me.

"YOU MANIAC!!! WHAT DID YOU DO TO HER!!! I'LL MAKE SURE I GIVE YOU THE SAME PAIN!!!!" She says, running at me.

Luckily, she's stopped by Nayeon, Hyunjin and Yeji before she can get to me. She kicks and screams at them to let her go. Jennie and Lisa look at Rose, clearly petrified. Hyunjin takes control of the situation and pulls Rose outside, closing the door behind him.

I let out a huge sigh. She's going to forever hate me for this. I back away and give some alone time between Jennie, Lisa and Jisoo. They both sit beside her, silently crying and holding her hands.

I take some tape and take the duvet cover off of my duvet to create a makeshift curtain. I grab a chair and tape the curtain around the corner where Jisoo lies to give them some privacy.

If only Rose is with them. They'll be able to cry as a group.

I sigh, I'll try to get Rose to calm down enough so that she can be at peace with the members.

I exit the room. I'm welcomed by Hyunjin hugging a crying Rose.

Oh well... I guess he did it for me then.

I tell her to go into the room. She goes inside and rushes straight inside the curtains. No sounds are heard inside the curtains apart from muffled sobbing.

I sigh. Hyunjin goes back into the bedroom while I decide to go look around for Jungkook or TXT. I take a quick peak out the window. It's sunrise. The zombies are also no longer at the gate. I decide to enter through a different door, also padded with metal scraps.

I find the members of TXT inside with Wonwoo, Vernon and another person with very gentleman-like features. Vernon smiles when he sees me, showing off his western features.

"Ohhh Seokjin!!!" Kai shouts.

"Show your respects to your elders!" Yeonjun says, flicking his ear.

"Ow..." Kai says, rubbing his ear.

I chuckle.

"It's fine, just call me Seokjin. It's the apocalypse, nobody cares." I say.

Kai mocks Yeonjun over my statement.

"Uh... Seokjin?" Vernon asks.

"Yeah? What is it?" I ask.

"This is Joshua, he's still a little shy so I introduced him for you." Vernon says.

Joshua smiles and bows low. I smile at his innocence.

"No need to bow, just be comfortable around everyone here? Got it?" I ask.

Joshua opens his mouth to say something but is interrupted by the sound of a vehicle pulling into the driveway. I take a look out of a nearby window, and I recognise the driver instantly.

It's Jimin.

They're back.