16. Recovery

POV: Jin-BTS

Time: 13:17

He slams his foot down and the car reverses, heading straight for the zombies.

"BRACE YOURSELF!!!" I scream.

Ryujin and Yeji shield their heads. Hyunjin holds onto Jimin's seat. Tzuyu and Dahyun don't have time to brace.

BANG

I hear screaming as the van rams into the zombies, smashing the rear window and denting the actual back door itself.

We get thrown in all directions, I see Ryujin and Tzuyu fall forwards from the force, Jimin gripping the steering wheel so hard it leaves a dent. My head slams onto the dashboard.

When I look up, I can't see clearly, the wound makes my eyes go blury with tears and blood.

Terrible crunches can be heard outside as we run over multiple zombies at once, squishing them to a pulp.

"NOO!!! GET OUT!!" I hear Dahyun scream.

She's beating away a zombie arm that managed to get in through the broken window. I unbuckle my seatbelt and climb into the back to aid her.

I punch the zombie's arm and push it back out the window.

"HOLD ON!!! NEARLY THERE!!!" Jimin screams, reversing the car desperately.

With one last bump, we're free from the horde and Jimin does a quick U-turn and drives as fast as he can back to base.

I feel my head, there's a definite bump there. Once I take my and hand and look at it, I see the blood. It covers my whole hand.

I wipe it on my shirt and look around the compartment. None of our resources were lost.

"RYUJIN!!!"

"TZUYU!!!!! WAKE UP!!!"

I look down. Blood is spilt everywhere. Ryujin and Tzuyu are both sprawled on the floor. Neither are moving.

Hyunjin and Yeji go over to Ryujin while I go over to Tzuyu. I lay her on her back.

"Tzuyu? Tzuyu? Can you hear me?" I say.

I check her pulse. It's so weak.

I check her breathing. I feel the slightest breeze from her nose.

I take off her bloodied cardigan. A huge glass shard is stuck in her collarbone.

DANGIT! What do I do??? Do I take it out? Do I leave it in??

"Dahyun. I need you to apply as much pressure as you can on the wound after I take the shard out." I tell her.

Dahyun nods.

I grab bandages from our resources and take the wrapper off.

I take in a deep breath. I pull the shard out.

"DAHYUN!!! DO IT NOW!!" I scream.

She presses on it with all her might. I quickly take the bandages and wrap in around her wound, making sure that it's taut.

"Ok, wait. Let go. Let go for a second, Dahyun." I say.

I curse as the blood bleeds through the wrap.