15. A Hunt for Resources

POV: Jin-BTS

Time: 10:30

"They're all gone. They're all gone... I- I just can't ba- bare the fact tha- that they're gone."

He hugs me tightly. I can feel my shirt slowly start to feel damp. I pat his back.

Everyone in the room stares at us, feeling pity for Ni-ki.

Me must've lost all his friends, all his members... And he's only young, it's going to traumatize him.

"Do you want to go in a different room? With more privacy?" I whisper to him.

I hear a faint "mhm", so we stand up and leave the room, his hands still covering his face.

We walk towards one of the shops, settling for the room of a small cafe. I decide to check in the back for any food that we can salvage for the team.

"Ni-ki, I'll be right back, ok? I'll just pop into that room over there and see if I can find some food." I tell him.

All of us must be hungry by now; we need breakfast.

I open up the door to the storage room. It's really, really dark in here. It's also quite big and it's stacked with shelves of expired food.

I sigh. No luck for the premade food.

I decide to also check the fridge and the cabinets.

I open the door to the fridge. The smell of rotting cheese, milk and meats enter my nose. I gag at the smell.

Nope. Nothing good in the fridge.

I decide to check the cabinets.

Bingo.

I spot a single unopened box of cereals. I grab it and head outside to Ni-ki. Thankfully, he's still there, sitting alone on the table.

"Ni-ki! I found some food!" I exclaim as I grab a bowl from the shelves.

He looks at me. He's no longer crying but he isn't smiling either.

Maybe a bowl of cereals will cheer him up.

I place the bowl in front of him, pouring him a very generous amount of cereal. I walk over to the register to grab a plastic spoon for him.

However, once I come back, I find out that Ni-ki had already scoffed the whole thing down. Not a single crumb remains.

"Tha- that was quick..." I say.

He nods.

"Uhm... are you okay to go back to the others now? We should really give them some of this food." I tell him.

I walk over to the bedroom. Ni-ki follows me.

I open the door and go inside.

"Guys, I found some food. It isn't much... but... yeah. Everyone, eat up."

I give the box to Stray Kids, who pour themselves small handfuls. They then pass it over to Twice, who do the same. It gets past most of the room and there's still a quarter of the bag left. Seungkwan gives the box to me, and I hand the box to Blackpink who are still behind the curtain.

"Seokjin, aren't you having any?" Yeji asks.

"Don't worry, I already ate." I lie.