2. Her Last Day

POV: Jin: BTS

Time: 10:30

"You're late."

"AGHH YAH" I jump and stare at the person, scared out of my wits.

"Oh... Sorry..." I say, my face flushing red with embarrassment once I see who it is.

It's Solbin. I'm her MC partner. I laugh nervously.

She looks at me, and scoffs in a playful way. Since we're just co-workers, it's a little weird talking together.

"The PD needs you ready in 5 minutes. If I were you, I'd probably run over to the stylist right now. And, sorry... I didn't really mean to frighten you." she informs me.

I nod in thanks and rush over to the stylists. They are rightfully not happy to see me in late. I bow low to them as they immediately start to style my hair and make sure that I'm presentable for TV.

30 minutes later...

The camera director ushers me to move to the side a bit, so that I can make space for the group we're interviewing to be on the camera. It's a pretty large group, 13 members.

He gives me the thumbs up after I move to signal that the view is good. Then, he signals for us to be on air.

"We're live in 3, 2, 1... "

1 hour later...

After interviewing countless idol groups for a whole hour, we're thankful to have a fifteen-minute break for advertisements and for us to rest.

Me and Solbin are sitting in the break room. We're both just there, in silence, too exhausted to do anything. We've got 5 minutes of break left until another full hour of interviewing groups. The thought makes me sigh out loud. Maybe a bit too loud. It startles Solbin and she turns toward me.

"Sorry, I didn't mean to startle you."

"Oh, no. It's fine, it's not your fault. I just get startled easily"

She gives me a reassuring laugh. But it feels hollow. I feel something off and ask her, "Are you OK?"

She replies with, "Yeah, I'm mostly fine. It's just that I feel a bit sad because it's my last day as MC..."

Oh yeah... I should have remembered. Seokjin, what is wrong with you today?

I give her a nod just as we're called back on stage.

55 minutes later...

I smile as a huge bouquet of flowers is carried upstage by one of the producers and is handed to Solbin, through the many cheers and screams from the audience. She smiles, but I notice that her eyes glisten as tears slowly start to form in her eyes.

Once the cheers start to quiet down in order for Solbin to continue on the script, she bursts into tears. The audience gives her support as I quickly take control of the situation by reading the script for her. I take quick glances of her to make sure that she's ok. My voice continues steadily as I read the script a bit slower than usual as I've never practised this part before.

Luckily the show finishes with a successfully read script and a sad goodbye to MC Solbin.

As MC, it was her last day.

FYI: The story might alter between actual events or made-up ones. This is my first ever book! I hope you enjoy it! This is only the second chapter, so it is long from finished. I will try hard in the future to perfect my skills; I'm not a writer, I'm a reader T-T.

Also, to clear things up, this story doesn't only revolve around BTS, don't worry, there will be lots of idols along the way, and new relations! Stay updated!