6. An Alliance Is Formed

POV: Jin-BTS

Time: 20:24

"Sunbae, are you awake?"

It's Im Nayeon.

She helps me sit up, being careful to avoid my neck and shoulder area.

I nod.

"Where am I?" I ask.

"You're at JYP HQ" Nayeon answers.

The rest of Twice slowly come over, sitting behind Nayeon, looking at me with confused faces.

"You suffered quite a fall out there, sunbae. Are you feeling ok? We saw you get tackled by that zombie. I mean, at least it wasn't the car-"

"ZOMBIE? I GOT RAMMED BY A ZOMBIE?!? IT FELT LIKE A CAR!" I shout, full of fear.

Some of Twice jump at my sudden outburst. I feel bad, so I say, "Sorry, I was just-"

"Surprised on how unfairly strong the zombies are? Yeah, we know. We fought it off" Jeongyeon interrupts.

Nayeon gives her a glare.

"Are you guys ok? It was really strong!" I ask while looking around at the Twice members. I realise that Sana and Nayeon both supported some broken fingers. Nayeon sees me looking and hides her injury under the cushion of the sofa I'm lying on.

"Don't worry about us. Just rest up. We're planning to travel across the Han River tomorrow by train. It isn't safe here" Nayeon adds.

I stare at her.

"I was planning to do the same too... maybe I can come?" I ask.

Nayeon looks at the rest of the girls. Then at Jihyo. Jihyo nods at her.

"Tomorrow. Get ready to leave at sunrise." Nayeon says to me and Twice.

I nod gratefully and lay down to rest. As soon as my head touches the pillow. I'm asleep. Another dreamless sleep.

8 hours later....

Time: 3:00

I wake up to a tap on the arm. It's Jihyo. She signals that they're ready and that we should leave soon. I stand up, gingerly putting weight on my right shin which is sliced open. I look down to realise it's been bandaged up. So has my shoulder. I look at Jihyo gratefully as I see her stowing away the rolls of bandages near the sofa. She doesn't notice.

I walk up to the door of the room where all of Twice are waiting with filled up backpacks and makeshift weapons like table legs and kitchen knives.

"Sorry, we couldn't save your suitcase... It got run over" Nayeon says.

I chuckle.

Jihyo comes over and we open the door. Fortunately, we see no zombies around. So, we all cautiously leave the room and start our descent down the stairs. Jihyo leads the group and Nayeon and I stay near the back. Jihyo is fast to go down, hopping nearly 2 steps at a time and looking around frantically.

It's weird. The JYP building seems empty. No staff. No idols. It's completely silent.

The silence is suddenly broken by a bunch of grunts and blood-curling screams from the huge dance practice room all the way down the corridor to our left. Jihyo backs away and the members of Twice cover their ears or slink back in shock.

"NOOOOO! MINHO HYUNG! I CAN'T LOSE YOU TOO!"

"It's ok... just take care of the rest for me, huh? Now out of here before... I... tur- turn..."

"Felix... he's gone. We need to get out of here."

"NO! NOT HYUNG! HE'S STILL IN THERE! HE'LL BE FINE!"

We hear sobs as one guy pulls another out of the practice room. Two more people exit behind them and lock the door. Not long after, we hear a bang and scraping on the door. There's a zombie there.

Jihyo turns her head around the corner and, once she sees who it is, runs over to them.

"JIHYO UNNIE, WAIT!" Sana shrieks.

The rest of Twice and I run down the stairs as fast as we can, pursuing Jihyo.

It's only when we stop to look at the people do we realise who they are.

It's Han, Bang Chan, Hyunjin and Felix. From Stray Kids.

We look at each other in awe.

"Are you guys ok? ... Who was in there? Where are the others?" I ask.

They look at me solemnly.

"They're all gone... Dead... They're zombies...." Felix says.

We stand in silence for a bit.

"We're going to try and get a train over the Han River. Do you want to come? It's safer across the bridge." I say.

The remaining lot of Stray Kids agrees. We all set off down the stairs.