19. Same Page

POV: Jin-BTS

Time: 15:37

I'm missing someone...

Ni-ki.

I sprint back into the room.

The sound of crashing windows and breaking doors echo through the mall.

Ni-ki's passed out next to the door.

I reach Ni-ki and put him on my back, glass showing us both as the zombies spill in through the windows. Seungkwan tries his best to hold them off as I run back out the fire escape, but he's soon overpowered and taken to the floor. I hear the tearing of flesh as I reach the door.

I make it out and lock it behind me.

Everyone is waiting outside for us. I see Vernon being consoled by Wonwoo.

"We need to go..." I pant.

"Follow us, we know most of the places around here by heart." Joshua says.

He starts to walk across the road, into a dark alleyway.

Everyone starts to follow.

"You know your way around this thing?" I ask.

"Yes." He replies.

Wow, I can't see a single thing in here and everything smells like garbage.

"Uhm... I think we take a left here..." Joshua says in the dark.

I follow his voice. My eyes aren't made to see in such poor lighting.

"If we go straight from now. We'll end up in the bakery." Joshua says.

"No, we'll end up in the jewellery store. If you want to go to the bakery, you have to take the second left." Wonwoo informs.

"Oh yeah... ok. Just continue up a few more steps and then we take a left." Joshua corrects.

"You guys seem to really know your way. Like, really, really know your way." I say.

Joshua chuckles. But it's a hollow, and sad one.
It's as if he's trying his best to push away the death of Seungkwan.

"Ok, take a left now."

"Ouch, that hurt." Dahyun says, turning too early, banging into the wall.

I hear a chuckle from Momo.

"Is that funny to you? I just got hurt!" Dahyun retorts, which just makes Momo laugh even more.

We continue to follow Joshua. There's a pocket of light not far from here, so he starts to speed up.

We reach the end of the tunnel and Wonwoo peeks his head out.

"There's no zombies, we can go in." He says.

We go through the steps into a room with sunlight flowing through a window on the ceiling. It looks like a storage room, the one you find in all the standard bakeries.

 It looks like a storage room, the one you find in all the standard bakeries