20. Left and Right

POV: Jin-BTS

Time:  07:24

I wake up. Panting, crying and breathing heavily.

"No... no... no..." I mutter.

"Seokjin? You okay?" Bang Chan says from across the room.

Him and most of the people in the room are already awake.

Oh my goodness... It was just a nightmare...

"Yeah... Yeah... It- It was just a nightmare... Don't worry about me..." I say, furrowing my brow.

He nods and turns back to Stray Kids, helping them pack tools and resources from the room inside of makeshift backpacks from folded up aprons.

My breathing calms down.

I hear a snore next to me.

Ni-ki.

I tap his shoulder and he wakes with a start, sitting straight up and looking around him.

"Where am I-"

"Just don't worry about it. All you need to know is that we escaped from the mall and moved here. Everyone is fine... Well... nearly everyone..." I say.

"Oh... ok..." He says.

"Mhm..." I mutter.

"Well then... who's not fine?" He asks.

"You don't know? Did you pass out that early?" I say, astounded.

"Well... I mean- Yeah... but tell me, who isn't fine? Are they ok? Do they have a broken leg or something?" He says, repeating the same question.

My shoulders slump down a bit. I take in a deep breath and say,

"No... they don't have an injury... I wish they did though..." I reply.

"So then, if they're not injured, how are they...      Oh... forget I said that..." He says, realising what must've happened.

"It's Seungkwan. If you needed to know. He blocked the zombies from us even after he got bitten. He died a hero for us." I blurt out, keeping my voice quiet so that Seventeen don't hear me.

Ni-ki's face droops in sadness.

"He died a hero, Ni-ki. He wouldn't have wanted us to mourn over him. He would have wanted us to move on, stronger than we were ever before." I say.

He gives me a reassuring smile. It isn't a happy one; his eyes show deep sadness.

...

"Guys, wake everyone else up, we're leaving soon." Bang Chan calls across the room.

Most of the people are awake by now; only a few stragglers are still sleeping.

Yoongi would've slept for forever if he was still here.

The last person to wake is Vernon. He must've been crying all night.

Bang Chan stands and opens the door of the storage room, peering outside.

"It's safe out there. Is everyone ready to leave?" He asks.

We all nod and stand up, some taking their knives out.

"We're all ready." Nayeon says, pulling Tzuyu on her back.