Pre-departure day - Continued

As I had no more good reasons to keep packing, we spent the last night wandering around in Szeged, my kind of saying goodbye. We do this every day, but this was the goodbye walk. I knew I would miss the city, or at least I thought I would miss the city. Typing this down is strange, because I do not miss the city at all. Not a bit.

We walked down the bank of river Tisza, met our favorite dogs and dog walkers at St. Peter's square. My absolute star dog there is a corgi, called Oreo. I casually refer to him as 'Ojejo' (pronounce as 'Oh-yeahhh-yooo'). It was a beautiful hot summer night. The setting sun's lights were painting the sky pink. My absolute favorite sighting ever. We made plans with my hubby to call each other once I landed so that by that time, he'll show me around in our new home. He kept repeating (at least twice, which for him is considered a lot) that he would miss me. Before I turn this journal into a love letter or a bit more of an adult read, I skip giving your more details about the rest of the evening.

I had concerns about the trip. No. I only had one, actually. Three weeks before my scheduled departure time, my masticatory joint – I had to look this one up despite the fact that I am a well educated medical enthusiast by Grey's Anatomy, the series – started to hurt. It was bad. Pretty bad. I went to two doctors just to be on the safe side and get it checked out and make sure it is not my teeth. Diagnosis: Stress + chewing on my retainers too much at night. I am not exceptionally good at accepting diagnosis that I cannot deliberately change. Stress is not (yet) something I can relieve myself of easily. So, I started stressing more about not stressing. Turns out I was only stressed about packing. The closer my departure time came, the less painful my joint was. A bit of a spoiler: The day I arrived at the US the pain stopped completely. It might also have been me playing Candy Crush on the plane "swiping the stress away".