Day 3, Wandering around

Compared to my initial attitude of 'I'm not getting out of the house anytime soon.', I already agreed to walk with Susie and John down Alameda (check on Google Maps) to downtown San Jose to their favorite bakery. Susie then cleared them out of sweets we ate graciously. I love how they share food, as I am pretty much like them. I love sharing food and I love it even more if people share their food with me so that I can taste every different flavor. It is way too annoying to my husband, though, but he learned to live with it.

After sweets, this was my first time ever visiting a Wholefoods Market and found the holy grail of my American trip: whole roast chicken. Freshly baked in the oven for 8.99 dollars. I remember telling Susie that I would never have to cook again while I am here. I just keep buying this chicken occasionally if A) I am not eating out, B) free food is not available at uni. (Sidenote: Two weeks in, I'm already at my second chicken. I love chicken. I don't know what I'd do without them.)

Feeling adventurous, after taking the newfound to-be-feasted-on chicken, I took the bus to the most run-down part of the city I had seen that far. I should have though that a 99 cents store is only to be found in the less well-off neighborhoods. Enough to say that I am not going back for that light mayo I got there. That was perfectly enough for the day, so I went home and had some rest.