Day 80, Reimagining friendships

While I am in the USA, I am rethinking my friendships for two reasons. As I lost a very close friend of mine, I had to be very careful about who and how I let into my friends' circle. Second, those people who cared, showed their love in many small ways. Take just a simple example: I sent my journals and shared them with the whole wide world (my social media sites, lol). If it was my good friend who went abroad to have the best time of her life, I would care and read what she is doing. I am not saying I am measuring friendships in 'reading-my-journal-or-not' kind of ways, but it is nice though, if you do. If you don't, then you'll never read this and might never understand what I am getting at.

Why this long intro? I can now proudly say that one of my previous students (the one in Canada I already told you about) might be visiting me soon! Even though we discussed this abruptly at the end of the day, I had a very good feeling about this (and now I can tell you this, but SPOILER alert, he is COMING to visit me soon!), and this piece of news literally made my day. Cherry on top.

In the morning of today, we had a session with Broadway director Steven Rivellino, who gave us insights into the marketing, production and future of Broadway, a talk we enjoyed to the fullest. In the afternoon, we took the boat to Staten Island and the Statue of Liberty, just to have amazing shots taken. Once again, this was also more about bonding than sightseeing.

Honestly, I have no idea how New York City made sense to the firstcomers at this point. We were always in a rush. These 4.5 days were a blur to me now. Anyways, we enjoyed every minute of it. No matter how tired (sometimes socially) I was, I never sat down, retreated to my room, but I was making the most of the experience.

Tonight, we also treated ourselves a bit, as we still had some pocket money to spend. I bought my first ever Chanel perfume (I only wish I could transport back to the West coast and then to Hungary) and some gifts for family and friends. An amazing day with an amazing end.

13 November