Day 105 - Day 110, Turan

I cannot tell you how much joy these days gave me with Turan!

Just a quick recap on who my bright young talented friend is:

- a former student of mine from my home university

- a current friend of mine studying in Canada for PhD

- future professor at Stanford and future citizen of San Francisco (my prognosis, I might be wrong about Stanford, it might be Harvard)

When I was feeling extremely sad about my friend Dalma passing, I had those revelations on friendships, that is when I decided to invite him to visit me. Unlike my other friends, he jumped on the opportunity and bought a plane ticket to visit me. Something I will forever be grateful for, as this meant the world to me.

So what we did:

- Day 1: Once he arrived at around 10pm, we stayed up until 3am, long discussions worth living for!

- Day 2: San Jose walks and talks, we had an amazing day, sunny and full of warmth in our hears

- Day 3: We got drenched at Stanford, but this could not deter us from enjoying the vibes and Turan getting a lot of Stanford merch – you know I can very much relate to that

- Day 4: San Francisco, where we had NO KARL! Yaaaasss! These are the nice things to live for. No Karl, just us, (a couple of tourists) nice walks, In and Out burger and some Chinese bakery products, an amazing sunset at Bay Bridge and an easy BART ride home. We made the most of this day, too.

- Day 5: Last final and slow day. We went to the uni, had some fun, window shopping at the mall – omg I'm such a local for taking him to the mall, but we enjoyed it sooo much, had some fun, went to some shops, where we dreamt about our luxury goods we one day will purchase!

- Every day: both of us working very hard for our mental health. We did a great job on that, and wine also helped!

By the end I could tell we were both extremely tired, but good tired. We travelled, we had fun, did some shopping, window shopping and enjoyed our fate of meeting in Szeged and then at the other end of the world. Turan, I'm forever grateful for you and your visit. A newfound friendship I'll forever cherish.

18 December