Day 38, Day off

For me, having a day off duty is the worst things that can happen. Today was a proof of that. With no clear agenda, I was just wandering aimlessly in and out of the house. Pointless things I have no liking for. Anyway, I had at least one thing on my list. Get a coat, a hat, some scarves and boots for my stay in the East coast in November. So, once I woke up at around 9AM (yes, I slept in), I got up, checked the closest 'Ross dress for less' store and took the bus to the shop.

Crazy how cheap things are in these stores. You can catch really good finds and score on-sale items easily. I found nice jackets, but made the conscious decision of leaving them there, as they were not the ones I was looking for. I was in the search of a camel woolen coat, this one desperately missing from my at-home consciously-build collection. Having no luck with coats, I bought a black hat, which would match my soon-camel-coat perfectly. No luck with shoes either. I was seriously considering a Dr. Martens black pair of boots, but then decided to browse some more online.

After drinking a signature hot choc for lunch, I got home and started surfing the internet. I honestly thought that being on the top of the consumer society, I would find my desired coat way under 1000 bucks. Turns out I was wrong. But boy the Max Mara coats I could buy! Anyways, this week, we are going to Westfield shopping center with Susie and John, I'll try my luck there with coats. If nothing else works, I just get a Zara coat... I don't want to, though. I would rather have one that lasts.

Browsing the internet for hours, I got overwhelmed by the number of choices and the fact that I still haven't found a thing, except the hat.

Being extremely bored (have I mentioned I hate lazy days?) and moody, I watched some Netflix, had dinner, and got to talk a lot to my hubby, which was good. I knew my brain and mood needed the day off and boy was I right.

Tomorrow's plans: I am overexcited and nervous about tomorrow's trip to Monterey. I just want everything to go well, so I stress on it way too much. I am sure it is unnecessary. But we'll see tomorrow!

1 October 2022