Day 4, Palo Alto

Do you know the feeling when you are up for a new challenge? Well today, I was up for one. Why not wander a bit further now that I knew Bus 22 would take me straight to Palo Alto and Mountain View? Let's take this bus and check out the city! It was THE best decision. The bus ride was long, though.

There is this strange thing about Californian towns that once you walk in the city center, there is literally no one there. Or maybe homeless and mentally gifted people (and me ofc). But if there is something going on, then there is an ant's nest amount of people. This is what the exact situation was in Palo Alto. There happened to be an Art Festival when I arrived, so I could see crazy art constellations even made from computer parts. Sooo Palo Alto-ish.

There were crowds lining up in front of a strangely familiar red stand. Stanford was doing a community outreach program. I certainly felt like I AM community, so I span the wheel of Stanford fortune in exchange for some of my private information (so that they can bug me with emails until I unsubscribe from their newsletters). Have I mentioned I am a lucky person? Guess what! I won! Two tickets for the season opening of the Stanford football team! I considered myself lucky, as I had always wanted to experience these university football games and the whole atmosphere. Not being able to process this info and my luck, I got a hot chocolate at Starbucks and was walking to Stanford Shopping Center to cool off and do some window shopping.

Considering that I was cold every morning, I was in the lookout for some jeans. At home, I ordered a mum-type pair, but turned out to be a bit loose, so I had to return them. Now I was trying my luck at Levi's, and the same pair in smaller size was not fitting either. I left the shop after trying on at least 6 pairs of jeans, the shop assistants were trying to kindly sell to me. They were not overdoing it; they were just this friendly and helpful. This young lady even offered to move and resew the button on my desired pair if I wanted to. I passed, thanked them, and went on. I love going shopping here, every shop assistant is so-so nice.

When I got hungry, I went to Shake Shack, opted for the smallest fries and burger (even these I could not eat) and then walked back to catch my bus. On the way home, I ventured in a Dollar Tree, which was great to shop for some more foodie goodies and arrived home exhausted, ready to take a nap.