Chapter 6

Disclaimer: If you recognise it, surprise, I don't own it.

Chapter 6– The Morning After.

------------------------------------

"Good morning Ben. Did you have a good night? Sleep well?" Felicia asks as she walks across the room. Blearily opening my eyes, I look around the room with my head, trying to get a bearing on my surroundings, with my mind still quite fuzzy.

Surveying the area, I spot the Spider-Man suit I was wearing last night, or relatively early this morning, strewn across the ground haphazardly. My only other possession was the sunglasses I misappropriated from that convenience store, which sat on the table.

Ah, now I remember. Last night, arguably my first ever night, I had happened upon the sexily dressed minx known only as the Black Cat, and I was enticed back to her lair and into her snaring clutches. Felicia Hardy had made me an attractive proposition last night.

However, I had no clue about the more invasive details, and she gave me some time to think about it, but then she gave me another arousing proposal and invited me to her bed. Needless to say, I had gotten no time to think about the first thing and was more bothered by the second.

Sitting up, I pull the blanket off of myself, revealing my naked upper body. Thankfully, I had woken up in that smokestack with a pair of underwear on beneath the costume. Rubbing my eyes, I can't help the yawn that escapes my mouth, a symptom of my lack of sleep caused by the woman who is currently walking over to the kitchen. I had been up all night because of her presence and her parting words.

After she had said those words, she closed the door on me. I thought about it for a bit and weighed the pros and cons. Still, before I knew it, I had a hand on the door handle and was very close to pushing it down. Then, realising what I was about to do, I pulled my hand away as if the door handle was scorching hot.

No matter how I may think, I cannot trust this woman, especially not so much as to climb into the same bed as her and let my guard down. That would be incredibly dumb.

And so I backed away from the door, found a blanket in the living room, stripped down to my underwear and slept on the sofa, except I didn't do much sleeping. No matter how much I tried, I could not drift away into unconsciousness.

Every time I closed my eyes, I could only see Felicia standing at the doorway of her bedroom, beckoning to me, seducing me inwards. Finally, I turned in my makeshift bed and buried my face into the sofa, pulling a cushion into the back of my head as if that would somehow block my imagination.

I could not fall asleep, no matter how much I willed it. I was denied escape from my new reality. I sat there with my mind wandering, brewing fantasies so wild that a therapist would almost definitely derive some deep-seated issues from them.

Eventually, I could hold myself no longer, and I gave in to the promise of pleasure. Stalking over to the door like a man possessed, I reached out and clasped the handle once more, and once more, I froze.