Chapter 16

Disclaimer: If you recognise it, surprise, I don't own it.

Chapter 16– Aimed Experiments.

------------------------------------

Now having passed the first measure of security, I hunker down on top of the white truck full of prisoners and wait for the truck to come to a stop at its destination. But, of course, there is no way that checkpoint back there was the only security measure they had here, so I am keeping my eyes peeled for anything and everything that looks the tiniest bit suspicious in case a turret might suddenly pop out of a wall and start blasting at me.

Thankfully there are no such things as the truck moves, and I remain hidden until the truck finally comes to a stop at a location that is reminiscent of a loading bay with oversized doors and even garage doors. While I have no doubt they receive materials and resources here, they also receive people as well. I watch from atop the truck as the double doors in the wall suddenly open, and two AIM soldiers walk down the ramp towards the truck, stopping a distance away and holding their weapons patiently.

As if on cue, the two men in the front of the truck hop out and walk around to the back of the truck, and start opening up the rear. No doubt this is as far as the truck and these thugs will go, and these prisoners will be passed off to the two AIM soldiers, and they will forever disappear behind those double doors. Unfortunately, I did not have the forethought to have any trackers made, so I can't track these two thugs after they leave, and they will be in the wind, but that is just something I have to accept, as this AIM facility is way more important.

But now the question is, how the hell am I going to sneak in there unseen, right now I am only hidden because I am flat against the roof of the truck, but if I were to get up, then the two soldiers would spot me since they are just stood there as silent guards. I cannot move from this position as I will be seen by them, not to mention the guards behind us at the last barrier that may spot me as well. So I can do nothing but watch for the moment as the thugs force each person out of the back of the truck.

I observe as the final prisoner is pulled down and out of the truck, and then one of the thugs grabs the first prisoner in line and starts to drag him over to the AIM soldiers. And since all the prisoners are cuffed and chained together, the others are pulled along after them, too tired and weak to resist, plus the other thug is forcing the one at the back forward. So it is like one sick fucking conga line, all of them being forced along by their chained wrists and ankles.

And then, the front thug stops and allows one of the AIM soldiers to take over, grabbing hold of the front prisoner and dragging him along, the other one taking up the other thug's position at the back of the line. The thugs, having done their jobs, quickly rush back into the truck, not wanting to be there any longer. They hurriedly start their engine and start U-turning, anxious to leave as soon as possible.

Clearly, this is a regular thing as the Soldiers don't react and simply keep the line moving towards the double doors, and I know if I don't act soon, then all options for stealth will be out the door, and I will be forced to go guns blazing. As each prisoner walks through that doorway, I find myself getting a bit more panicked, but I know that if I act too soon, then I will blow my cover and ruin anything, so I have to wait.