Chapter 6

Youngjae (YJ) leaned close to me and kissed me. I was numb from the alcohol, but I felt the kiss electrify my whole body.
I'm thinking he's got soft lips and is a good kisser.
"Il-eona (get up), I'll take you home." He said
In my drunken voice, I replied,
"Go ahead, take me home."
And we both laugh.
"Seriously, I'll walk you back to your apartment. I don't think you can even walk straight. "

I was dizzy when I got up, and almost lost my balance YJ caught me before it happened. He wrapped his arm around my waist to help me while walking. I love that he's this close to me. Maybe I should drink more often. I giggled at the thought. 

"What's so funny?" he asked. 

" Oh nothing, I just thought of something ".

When we arrived at my apartment, he asked, "What's the code to your door?" 

"It's 02:28:91, it's my birthday, I said. I went straight to bed without even changing my clothes. I'm so drunk and dizzy that I can barely think straight. After 5 minutes, I got up from bed to go to the bathroom. My head was spinning and I felt the need to throw up. I sensed someone was right behind me. It was YJ. He was gently rubbing my back as I was throwing up. He washed my face and handed me a glass of water afterward. He helped me change my clothes and get back to bed. I extended my hand to him as I was in bed, signaling for him to lie down with me. He sat beside me and touched my cheek. 

"You go to sleep now. It's late. I'll see you tomorrow" he said.

The next morning, I woke up with a pounding headache and a hangover. I saw someone lying on my couch. I went closer to check who it was. It's YJ. He stayed over. It was so sweet of him to stay the night. I sat beside the couch, just admiring how he was calmly sleeping. He opened his eyes. 

"You're awake. How are you feeling? I stepped out earlier to get you your iced Americano and this hangover drink.

"Good morning, Babe," I said. He was surprised that I remembered what transpired last night.  "Thank you for staying last night. You didn't have to do that. "

" No, I had to stay. I couldn't leave you like that. Listen, you have to promise me one thing. You are not to be drunk if I'm not with you.  I nodded in agreement.  "And did you just call me Babe?

"Wae? You didn't like it? I thought its cute. Wait did any of your ex-girlfriends call you that?

"No, no. Come here you're so cute" and he gave me a hug and kissed me on the forehead.

By the way, Babe, are we going to tell the guys about us? " I asked.

"We're not going to tell them anything; we're going to act normally. If they notice that we're together, then so be it. We don't owe them an explanation; this relationship is between the two of us. Oh, and FYI, I didn't want to tell you about this but Jin Hyung warned me. It seems like he didn't want me to pursue you. He noticed that I'm always talking about you and that I'm getting comfortable with you. He told me to slow down. That's why I didn't text you or call you for days. "But you threw a fit last night, even getting drunk, so I had to give in," he laughed.

"I didn't do that. I was just annoyed that you were ignoring me and you were flirting on the phone with some girl. What am I supposed to do? Actually, if you hadn't talked to me last night, I would probably still be pissed and drunk by today. I'd probably go to your workplace and cause a commotion until you talked to me. " I laughed

"But seriously, please understand that Jin is being protective of me. I don't know if he told you about what happened to me back in LA. I was miserable, and I'm barely getting to be happy, and it's because of you. So bear with me. If you see me getting depressed, it's not because of you. I don't talk about it openly, but I had a bad experience with my ex-fiance. I didn't think I would easily trust another guy this quickly. And don't think about this as a rebound relationship. I was never in love with my ex. I was in a relationship with him because of my dad. I was actually planning to break up with him, but he beat me to it. He has gone crazy on me and literally beat me up. Remember the first day I met you? I looked like a mess. That's why Eomma filed a restraining order on my behalf so he can never get close to me again.